Booking Terms & Conditions
How to book
To make a travel reservation all you have to do is phone or email. Your enquiry will be handled promptly by a Tailor-Made Specialist. Our Tailor-Made Specialists are amongst the most experienced, highly trained and widely travelled in the travel industry so do be sure to call upon their expertise and advice whenever you need it.
Please read the Booking Terms and Conditions listed here since once your booking is made you will be bound by them.
- If your booking was made on or prior to 20 March 2019, please click here
- If your booking was made after 20 March 2019, please click here
How to pay
Payment by bank transfer
The most efficient method within the UK is making payment by Faster Payments. Faster Payments is supported by all major UK banks, are processed almost immediately and can be future dated if necessary. They’re also free of charge from most personal accounts (business accounts may incur a small charge). If you'd like to pay by bank transfer, please quote your booking reference and use the following bank details:
Sort code: 18-00-02
Account number: 06433146
We welcome online banking. Please call for details. Please ensure your booking number and account holders name is quoted as a reference.
Payment by debit or credit card
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express debit and credit cards. When paying with a debit or credit card please be sure that we have the correct card number, issue number, start, expiry date and security code (on the reverse of the card) as well as the correct billing address. We do not charge additional transaction fees for payments by Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Payment by cheque
All cheques and bank drafts must be in sterling, drawn on a UK bank and should be made payable to Wexas Limited.Unfortunately, we no longer accept payment by Diners.
Personal cheques must carry your bank guarantee card number, expiry date, booking number and/or postcode, on the reverse). Please allow 6 full working days before your balance is due for your funds to clear. Sterling cheques drawn on banks outside the UK incur a £20-£100 collection charge plus 1% of the sterling value to be paid at time of booking. Foreign currency payments cannot be accepted due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Please send cheques to Wexas Limited, Dorset House, 27-45 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NT and write your booking reference on the back of your cheque.
In order to protect against credit and charge card fraud and the need to protect clients' interests, our employees follow stringent security procedures before accepting cards for payment in certain circumstances and we ask clients for their understanding should they encounter such procedures.
Foreign currency payments cannot be accepted due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Wexas Limited is fully PCI DSS compliant.
Last Minute bookings
You can usually make a reservation up to the day of departure by telephoning us. Any extra administrative or delivery charges incurred in making a last minute booking will be charged to you. If any important travel documents need to be posted to you within 7 days of departure this may be sent by special delivery or courier at the appropriate additional charge, or collected in person from us by arrangement. Payment for late bookings by credit or charge card is subject to additional security procedures.
Overseas airport taxes
Airfares quoted include duties and taxes payable at the time of purchase, unless detailed otherwise. Airport taxes for some overseas cities are payable locally, and we will endeavour to advise the correct amounts at time of booking.
Please note that when telephoning your call may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.
Reconfirming your flights and 'no-shows'
Whilst few airlines require reconfirmation we recommended checking your booking on the relevant airline’s website 72 hours prior to travel to ensure that flight times have not changed.
Providing us with your mobile phone or contact number whilst abroad is also recommended to enable your tailor-made specialist to advise you of any schedule change notifications received by us.
If you are unable to travel on a flight please cancel the reservation at least 2 hours prior to departure, or "no show" fees may be charged - in some cases you could forfeit the full value of your ticket if you do not cancel the reservation.
Baggage, allowances and limits
Baggage allowances vary by airline and by route. Many carriers’ cheapest fares – including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Ryanair, easyJet and Flybe – do not include any checked baggage as standard and there is a charge for each item of baggage that is to be checked in.
Additional luggage carried over any free allowance amounts will be charged as ’excess baggage’; charges are levied either for each extra kilo or for each extra piece of luggage depending on the airline and route. If you plan to take a significant amount of additional luggage with you it is important to contact us or the airline in advance as at certain times of year airlines may limit how much additional baggage can be carried.
No single item of luggage may weigh more than 32 kilos (even if you are intending to pay excess baggage charges): airlines will either refuse any items weighing more than this or else will ask you to repack into two or more separate bags that weigh less than 32 kilos – or in some cases less than 23 kilos - each.
In the USA the Transport Security Administration (TSA) has the authority to open your baggage as part of the screening process. If you decide to lock your checked baggage and the TSA cannot open your baggage through other means, then the locks may have to be broken. TSA is not liable for damage caused to locked bags that must be opened for security purposes.
Please remember to label your luggage both inside and out with your name, address, email and contact telephone number.
Before you book we recommend that you check the latest information about each destination you intend to visit on the UK Foreign Office (FCO) and government ‘Travel Aware’ websites at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice and https://travelaware.campaign.gov.uk. These website include detailed information on what you need to do before departure and your personal safety.
The Company reserves the right to decline any booking application for any reason which, at its discretion, it may consider reasonable.
Applicable to all travel arrangements
1) Booking details: When a booking is made all details will be read back to you. Once you have confirmed these details we will proceed to confirm the booking. Check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details will incur the charges stated below. Ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport.
2) Total due (E&OE): A booking confirmation is issued by Wexas on the basis Errors and Omissions are Excepted (E&OE). If there is an obvious error on the booking confirmation Wexas reserves the right to correct the error and will notify you within 7 days of issuing the booking confirmation and not later than 24 hours prior to departure. You will be entitled to a full refund if any of these changes are unacceptable.
3) Safety and security: Wexas gives no representation or warranty concerning the safety or security of person or property or the political, military, economic, religious or cultural conditions or any other condition affecting travel in any country to or in which passengers choose to travel and shall not be liable to you or any party member for any loss suffered in any way as a direct or indirect result of any lack of safety or any insecurity of person or property or any such conditions. You will indemnify Wexas against any liability to or claim by any party member for such loss including any cost or expense incurred by Wexas in connection with any such liability or claim.
4) Insurance: Many principals/suppliers require you to take out travel insurance as a condition of booking with them. In any event, we strongly advise that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If we have issued your policy please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (e.g. pre-existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance. Wexas is an appointed representative of Campbell Irvine Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA Register Number 306242). You can check this on the FCA's register by visiting www.fca.org.uk or by calling 0800 111 6768
5) Delivery of documents: All documents (e.g. invoices/airline e-tickets/Insurance policies) that require to be posted will be sent to you by email or First Class post. Once documents leave our offices we will not be responsible for their loss unless such loss is due to our negligence. If tickets or other documents need to be reissued all costs must be paid by you. You can ask for delivery by other means subject to the charges stated below.
6) Refunds/ticket refunds: Except for cash payments, any refunds due (for whatever reason) will be refunded by the same method as the original payment; payment by cash will be refunded by cheque. Refunds will be made in accordance with the cancellation fees that apply at the time the original booking was made. Flight-only tickets returned will be presented to the respective airline or principal for a refund and a refund made less their cancellation and/or administration charges plus a £35 administration charge made by Wexas Ltd. This process usually takes around 6 to 8 weeks but can take longer. Tickets returned more than one year from the date of issue may be classed as ’expired’ by the airline or principal and may have no refund value. Airline refunds for partly used tickets are always less than the pro-rata amount and in many cases part-flown tickets may have no refund value whatsoever. Tax only refunds for non-refundable tickets will attract a Wexas administration charge of £35 per ticket.
7) Final Travel Arrangements: You must ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport.
8) Baggage: All personal belongings are the passengers’ responsibility.