At a glance
15 Day cruise & rail on Silver Shadow, Silversea from £8,000 pp incl. flights
Departure 03 May 2020 | Barcelona To Venice Cruise & Orient Express
- St Tropez
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
Barcelona To Venice Cruise & Orient Express
Exclusive tailor-made fares with $200 spending money
- Direct flight on British Airways from Heathrow
- Overseas private transfers
Includes on Silversea
- Spacious suites – over 85% with private verandas
- Butler service in every suite
- Unlimited Free Wifi
- Personalised service – nearly one crew member for every guest
- Multiple restaurants, diverse cuisine, open-seating dining
- Beverages in-suite and throughout the ship, including champagne, select wines and spirits
- 24-hour dining service
- Onboard entertainment
- Complimentary transportation into town in most ports
- Onboard gratuities
- $200 on board spending money per suite
- Overseas private transfers
- Two nights accommodation at Baglioni Luna Hotel
Includes on Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Venice to Calais on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express including selected meals prepared by onboard French chefs
- Folkestone to London on the British Pullman including three course gourmet brunch accompanied by an iconic Bellini cocktail
Fares include Early Booking Bonus - book and pay in full by 30 April
Forget flying, the best way to discover the true beauty of the Mediterranean basin is by sea. From Barcelona to Venice, travel the coasts of Spain and Italy for increasingly glamourous ports. An out-of-season stop in St. Tropez is perfect for Francophiles. Rome of course needs no introduction, but it is an overnight in the liquid grandeur of the Serenissima that is the jewel in this voyage’s crown.
Day by day itinerary
Fly direct from Heathrow to Barcelona where you will be met and transferred by private vehicle to embark the ship.
The capital of Catalonia is a banquet for the senses, with its beguiling mix of ancient and modern architecture, tempting cafés and markets, and sun-drenched Mediterranean beaches. A stroll along La Rambla and through waterfront Barceloneta, as well as a tour of Gaudí's majestic Sagrada Famíliaand his other unique creations, are part of a visit to Spain's second-largest city. Modern art museums and chic shops call for attention, too.
Livorno is the port for venturing into Pisa or even on to Florence, since it is the only spot in Tuscany for cruise ships to dock for the day.
Debark the ship and take your included private vehicle to the Baglioni Hotel Luna for a two night stay on a RO basis
Check out of the hotel and take your included private transfer to the train station to embark the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train.
You’ll be welcomed with a glass of sparkling wine before enjoying a three-course lunch in the restaurant car, as you delight at chocolate box villages, river valleys and rolling hills. Later, enjoy pastries served in your cabin as you prepare for your night on board.
Sailing on Silver Shadow
Silver Shadow is slightly larger in size than its predecessors Silver Cloud and Silver Wind, yet manages to maintain the same feelings of intimacy and exclusivity.