At a glance
10 Day rail, stay & cruise on SeaDream II, SeaDream Yacht Club from £6,975 pp incl. flights
Departure 06 August 2020 | Venice, Athens and Orient Express on SeaDream II
- Corinth Canal Transit
- Athens (Piraeus)
Venice, Athens and Orient Express on SeaDream II
Exclusive tailor-made fares with Orient-Express luxury train
Includes on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
- Complimentary use of British Pullman lounge at London Victoria Station with welcome refreshments
- London to Folkestone on the British Pullman including three course gourmet brunch accompanied by an iconic Bellini cocktail
- Calais to Venice on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express including selected meals prepared by onboard French chefs
Includes in Venice
- Private boat transfer to the Baglioni Hotel Luna
- Overnight hotel stay on a room-only basis
- Private boat transfer to the ship
Includes on board SeaDream
- Well-appointed stateroom or suite accommodation: featuring unobstructed ocean views, marble lined bathroom with multi-jet shower, Bvlgari® bath amenities, personalized stationery, superior Belgian bed & bath linens and more.
- All gourmet meals expertly prepared a la minute with the freshest of ingredients– served open seating in our Dining Salon or al fresco at the outdoor Topside Restaurant.
- 24-hour room service from the in-suite menu
- Open Bar with select premium brands
- Daily selection of wines to accompany lunch and dinner
- Water “toys” from the yacht’s marina including wave runners, kayaks, personal sailboats, stand-up paddle boards, snorkel gear, water skiing, wake boards, swim platform, banana boat and floating island.
- Mountain bikes for shore side exploration
- Golf Simulator with 30 signature golf courses
- Crew-led shore side activities like hiking and biking with the Activities Manager, or go shopping with the Chef.
- Full library with over 1,200 books
- Media & Entertainment Library
- Laptop computers for use while onboard
- High powered binoculars on deck for our guests’ viewing pleasure
- Pool and Jacuzzi
- Sauna/steam room
- Fitness Center with ocean views featuring treadmills, recumbent bikes with TV’s and DVD players, free weights, daily Yoga and Tai Chi classes
- SeaDream’s Champagne and Caviar Splash™ in the Caribbean
- Special Dessert Extravaganza
- Signature Balinese Dream Beds with elevated views of the sea
- Starlit Movies™ (on deck under the stars)
- Piano Bar
- Private transfer from the ship to the airport
- Direct flight from Athens to London
Indulge in the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express luxury train from London to Venice, followed by an all-inclusive SeaDream luxury yacht cruise
Day by day itinerary
Journey on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express from London for a luxurious overnight trip to Venice, where you arrive late afternoon the next day.
Board the Belmond British Pullman train at London Victoria. Sit backing your reserved seat and enjoy a delicious brunch and an indulgent Bellini as you travel through the countryside of Kent. After crossing the channel, board the famed Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train where you will enjoy a sumptuous four-course dinner, prepared freshly on board by French chefs.
After dinner, retire to your cabin which has been transformed into a cosy bedroom.
Marvel at the magnificent mountain countryside scenery as you enjoy breakfast served in your cabin. Spend the morning relaxing in the Bar Car or in your cabin as you enjoy the view passing by. Head to the restaurant car for your three-course lunch, and later feast on on a selection of pastries served in your cabin.
The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express finally crosses the Venetian Lagoon and pulls into Santa Lucia Station in Venice.
Debark the train and take your private boat transfer to the 5-star Baglioni Hotel Luna for an overnight night stay on a room-only basis.
Check out of the Baglioni Hotel Luna and take your included private boat transfer to the port to embark the ship.
Stay: Seadream II
Hvar is a Croatian island in the Adriatic Sea. The island of Hvar is somewhat unusual as it is blessed with a large fertile coastal plain and fresh water springs. Its hillsides are covered in pine forests, with vineyards, olive groves, fruit orchards and lavender fields in the agricultural areas. The climate is characterized by mild winters and warm summers with many hours of sunshine. Guests have an option to kayak down the coastline on one of our land adventures or take an independent hike up to the fortress to have some incredible views of the picturesque harbor. You also have an option to bike across the island to Starigrad and meet up with the other guests on the land adventure called “The best of Both Worlds".
Stay: Seadream II
Dubrovnik (Pearl of the Adriatic) is one of the most prominent destinations in the Adriatic Sea. It lies in the region of Dalmatia and was awarded World Unesco Heritage status in 1979. The population is approximately 43,000 and is considered to be among the 10 best medieval walled cities in the world. SeaDream anchors off the walled city as a port of call and tenders directly to the town gate.
Stay: Seadream II
Kotor is a coastal town in Montenegro. The old Mediterranean port of Kotor is surrounded by an impressive city wall built by the Republic of Venice and the Venetian influence remains dominant among the architectural influences. In 1979 the Bay of Kotor, City of Kotor and the surrounding territory have been listed in the UNESCO Heritage as a Cultural Site. SeaDream usually navigates close by the small islands of St. George and Our Lady of the Reef. The Bay of Kotor stretches 28 km and is one of the most indented parts of the Adriatic Sea. It is sometimes called the southern-most fjord in Europe (though it is actually a submerged river canyon called a ria). SeaDream typically docks steps away from the town. SeaDream has arranged a few different Yachting Land Adventures. One of them is a walking discovery and the other will show you the heritage and countryside of Montenegro. For the active guests, there’s incredible biking along the coast as well as a hike up to the fortress. On occasion, SeaDream may dock in the bay and tender directly to the town. We regret that watersports are not allowed in this protected area.
Stay: Seadream II
Itea is a small town situated on the north coast of the Gulf of Corinth, 2 km west of Kirra, 8 km southwest of Delphi. The town has a nice beach along with some shops, cafes and restaurants. It allows the closest access to the incredible sight of Delphi which is within the top three archeological attractions in Greece and in 1987 was inscribed as a UNESCO Heritage Site. It is believed the Zeus wanted to find the center of the Earth so he sent two eagles flying from the eastern and western extremities and where they met was Delphi – becoming the “navel/center of the earth”. SeaDream has arranged the very best guides and vehicles from Athens to enhance this incredible visit further. Your guided visit highlights the ancient Sanctuary of Apollo, where Pythia, the celebrated Oracle dwelt, the Temple of Apollo, the Sacred Way, the amphitheater, the best-preserved stadium of Greece, and the Castalia Spring, where in ancient days the pilgrims had to wash before they were allowed to consult the Oracle. In the Delphi Museum, see such treasures as the Omphalos, which marked the center of the world, and the magnificent bronze Charioteer, one of the finest pieces surviving from the 5th century BC. After the museum, there will be free time to visit the village of Delphi. SeaDream has the option of docking along the small pier in Itea or anchoring off to provide water sports options. This is dependent on availability as well as a number of guests visiting the archeological site.
Stay: Seadream II
So narrow! So dramatic! You'll understand why SeaDream says "expect the unexpected" as your yacht transits the Corinth Canal. The canal was first completed in 1893, despite previous attempts from ancient times; the first plans being from 602BC. The Roman Emporer Nero actually started construction in 67AD, making the first cut himself with a golden pick. The canal we transit is 6.3 kilometres (3.9 mi) in length. Before the canal, ships sailing between the Aegean and the Adriatic had to circumnavigate the Peloponnese Peninsula adding about 185 nautical miles to their voyage.
There is one main town on Hydra, known simply as "Hydra port". It consists of a crescent-shaped harbor, around which is centered a strand of restaurants, shops, markets, and galleries that cater to tourists and locals (Hydriots). Steep stone streets lead up and outwards from the harbor area. The charm of Hydra town certainly lies in her rich history, beautiful port and waterfront unspoiled by motorized vehicles. The island offers a rugged charm and some spectacular scenes and makes the perfect place for some self-exploration.
Stay: Seadream II
Debark the ship and take your included private transfer to the airport for your flight to the UK.
Sailing on SeaDream II
The twin luxury mega-yachts, SeaDream I and SeaDream II, sail to small yachting playgrounds, harbours and ports where the big cruise lines cannot reach, while guests also enjoy ocean view cabins and five star cuisine.