Custom-built to accommodate no more than 84 guests within an innovative deck plan featuring 12 Tauck Suites and 20 cabins, this brand-new 80-meter (263-foot) riverboat is specifically designed for cruising along Portugal’s golden Douro River.
Purpose-built for cruising to historic quintas and picturesque villages along Portugal’s golden Douro River from coastal Porto to the Spanish border, the newly constructed, 80-meter (263-foot) custom Douro riverboat debuts in 2020 with spacious accommodations for just 84 guests, featuring 12 300-sq.-ft. Tauck Suites among her five cabin categories.
Guest amenities inside her lush 300-square-foot, Category 5 Tauck Suites include brocade upholstery, roomy walk-in closets with built-in drawers, spacious bathrooms with separate showers, and two French balconies with floor-to-ceiling windows that open to the idyllic riverscapes of Portugal's golden Douro River Valley – a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and one of the oldest wine-producing regions in the world. She also sports 20 roomy 225-square-foot cabins in Categories 3 and 4, and six 200-square-foot Category 2 cabins, similarly furnished. Four 150-square-foot Category 1 cabins are cozy and comfortable, and are similar in décor and style to our larger suites. Most have floor-to-ceiling windows with real French balconies that open on to a balcony in the fresh air; all have in-room movies, minibar, adjustable heating and cooling, private bathroom and shower with pampering toiletries. In addition to our main dining room, The Compass Rose, the ship also features Arthur's, a second dining venue offering casual fare.
- Open seating in main dining room, The Compass Rose; flexible dining times; vegetarian meals always available
- Alternate dining venue, Arthur's, offering classic favorites at lunch and dinner and lighter breakfasts in the morning
- Al fresco dining on Sun Deck, weather permitting
- American breakfast room service available in Category 5 Tauck Suites
- Complimentary snacks served 10:00 AM – midnight
- Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
- Onboard entertainment includes enrichment lectures, piano music nightly, in-room movies, culinary demos, local entertainment and “themed” fun
- 110-volt and 220-volt outlets included in every cabin for small electronics; minibar stocked with complimentary water and soft drinks
- Nespresso machine in every cabin
- Complimentary Internet & Email available
- Small Swimming Pool on Sun Deck
- Laundry service available