At a glance
12 Day Cruise on 50 Years of Victory, Poseidon Expeditions from £23,585 pp incl. flights
Departure 12 July 2020 | Top of the World North Pole Voyage
- Barents Sea
- North Pole
- Franz Josef Land
- At Sea
All departures (3)
Top of the World North Pole Voyage
Early Booking Offer
Save up to £2,400 per cabin.
From £23,585 pp based on 12 July 2020 sailing.
- Use of airport lounge in UK
- International flights from the UK to Murmansk
- 1 night pre-cruise hotel accommodation in Murmansk, Russia, with breakfast
- Transfer from airport to the hotel in Murmansk 1 day prior to departure
- Transfer from hotel to the port in Murmansk on embarkation day
- Transfer from the port to the airport or central location in Murmansk upon disembarkation
- Shipboard accommodation with housekeeping
- Shipboard breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by helicopter
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by zodiacs
- Shore landings included in daily program
- Program of lectures and informal discussions by experienced Expedition Team and guest lecturers
- Professional Expedition Leadership
- Branded Poseidon Expeditions parka
- Rubber boots for shore landings for the time of the cruise
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in each cabin
- Informative pre-departure materials
- Digital Voyage Log
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All shipboard luggage handling
- Personalised medical insurance covering the risks of evacuation and repatriation (T&C's apply)
This incredible adventure starts in Murmansk, Russia. There you embark the nuclear-powered icebreaker 50 Years of Victory for a roundtrip voyage to the geographic North Pole. Anticipation heightens as the mighty ship smashes through the frozen Arctic Ocean toward the North Pole.
In addition to the exhilaration of cruising aboard a state-of-the-art icebreaker and the thrill of standing at the top of the world, you also have the opportunity to explore the rarely visited Russian Arctic archipelago of Franz Josef Land. This is an extraordinary voyage on a one-of-a-kind ship, worthy of a true adventurer.
Day by day itinerary
Fly to Murmansk via Moscow or St Petersburg, where you will be met and transferred to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Check out of the hotel and take your included shared transfer to the port to embark the ship.
Welcome to the geographic North Pole! After carefully navigating to 90 degrees North, the captain ceremoniously drops the anchor on a sturdy stretch of ice and guests disembark onto the frozen sea. Now is the time to experience the long-anticipated thrill of standing at the top of the world. Join hands with your fellow passengers and literally walk around the world during a special International Round Dance. You are also treated to a barbeque meal on the ice. You may even have the chance to take a plunge into the icy water. After your memorable time at the North Pole, the ship turns around and heads south. But the adventure is not over yet. The High Arctic archipelago of Franz Josef Land is still to come.
The Franz Josef Land archipelago, part of the Russian Arctic National Park since 2012, is a nature sanctuary. Polar bears and other quintessential High Arctic wildlife—such as walruses and some rare whale species—can be spotted anytime, anywhere in and around Franz Josef Land.
Scree slopes and cliffs around the islands host enormous nesting colonies of migratory seabirds such as guillemots, dovekies, and ivory gulls. Take advantage of 24-hour daylight to exploit every opportunity for wildlife viewing and excursions via Zodiac and helicopter. Franz Josef Land is home to some interesting geological features, such as the mysterious stone spheres on Champ Island.
Franz Josef Land also offers visitors the opportunity to walk in the footsteps of famous polar explorers at well-preserved historical sites. Memorials, monuments, crosses, and the remains of dwellings are testimony to incredible historical events that are further illuminated by the onboard expert lecturers.
Your once-in-a-lifetime journey comes to an end. After breakfast say farewell in Murmansk and take your included transfer to the airport for your flight home, arriving the same day.
Sailing on 50 Years of Victory
I/B 50 Let Pobedy (“50 Years of Victory”) is the largest and most modern nuclear-powered icebreaker in the world.