The River Duchess built in 2002 is the last if the River Queen Class vessels, which include siblings River Queen, River Empress, River Countess & River Princess.
The recently renovated River Duchess provides an intimate yet relaxed atmosphere for her 134 guests. Boasting lavishly appointed staterooms and suites, the River Duchess provides the perfect river-cruise retreat.
Her spacious interiors include a main lounge with panoramic windows, a cosy Captain’s Lounge and an expansive sun deck. Each evening, you can look forward to experiencing regionally inspired cuisine in the ships full-service restaurant before relaxing in the main lounge whilst you enjoy regionally inspired entertainment.
- Main lounge with full-service bar
- Sun deck with chess and shuffleboard
- Sky lounge
- Fitness room with sauna and massage treatments
- Boutique/gift shop
- Free internet access and Wi-Fi in public areas
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have hotel beds draped in fine linens. The staterooms and suites on the Rhine Deck have French balconies*. Other amenities include: a vanity, generous built-in closets, hair dryer, safe, individual thermostat for air conditioning and heat, direct-dial telephone, flat-screen TV with satellite, bottled water, and bathroom with L'Occitane bath and body products, magnifying mirror, and plush bathrobes
- The suites have extra amenities and services including: slippers; coffee machine, bottle of wine upon arrival, fruit and cookie plate, morning coffee, shoe shine, free laundry services and daily newspaper
- Beautiful panoramic main lounge with full-service bar, cozy Captain's Lounge and library, elegant restaurant, sun deck with chess and shuffleboard, sky lounge, fitness room, sauna, massage treatments, gift boutique, guest laundry and ironing facilities, and elevator
- Complimentary 24-hour specialty coffee and tea bar, and use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- Restaurant with open seating
- Complimentary red and white wine, beer, soft drinks, coffee, tea, and water during dinner
- Complimentary coffee and tea throughout the day
- Daily guided excursions, including ‘Choice is Yours’ sightseeing options
- Signature Lecture
- Nightly music and local entertainment
- Captains Lounge provides a delightful atmosphere in which to read a book from our Library or to play cards or games.
- Coffee Lounge