The original Kindat was built in 1886 by Yarrows in London and sank in 1920. She was named after a small Upper Chindwin town. Following experiments with the Katha and Angkor Pandaws, in this build Pandaw perfected this concept of a two-deck shallow draft vessel and repeated the formula again with her sister the Kalaw.
What Pandaw managed to produce in 2014 was a very shallow draft vessel that could go just about anywhere anytime that was big enough to carry 30-40 passengers with lots of outdoor deck space. They did this by reducing weight and stripping both hull and superstructure down to the bare essentials. Pandaw also created a flexible bistro space offering passenger indoor or outdoor dining depending on inclination, often prompted by the season. This makes for a very happy ship!
The ship has quality mountain bikes for your independent exploration.
Accommodation on board RV Kindat Pandaw
- 8 upper deck, 10 main deck
- 170 square feet, finished in teak and brass
- Panoramic French window
- Kimonos and slippers
- Spa-branded amenities
- Unlimited mineral water
- Electric mini safe
- AC with individual control
- Imported quality linens with duvet and two kind of pillows
- Premium mattresses
- Welcome flower arrangement and welcome gift
- Multi-configuration plugs
- Generous closet space and under-bed storage
- Hair dryer
- Daily nightly turndown service
- 24h laundry service
- Complimentary evening canapés