This ship is the third Katha to run on the Irrawaddy. The first was built at Dalla in 1887 but lost on the Chindwin in 1889. The second was built by Denny of Dumbarton in 1904 and decommissioned in 1937 and the third was built by Pandaw in Vietnam in 2012.
The RV Katha Pandaw general arrangement was radical in that Pandaw eliminated the formal indoor dining room. This led to great protests from regular passengers and indeed staff. In the end all agree it is far more pleasant to eat outside than in a stuffy, noisy enclosed dining room. Up river in Burma it can be a little cold in winter but currently Pandaw deploy this ship in Middle Burma where the cold is less of an issue.
The ship has quality mountain bikes for your independent exploration.
Accommodation on RV Katha Pandaw
- 6 upper deck, 10 main deck
- 170 square feet, finished in teak and brass
- Panoramic French window
- Kimonos and slippers
- Spa-branded amenities
- Unlimited mineral water
- Electric mini safe
- AC with individual control
- Imported quality linens with duvet and two kind of pillows
- Premium mattresses
- Welcome flower arrangement and welcome gift
- Multi-configuration plugs
- Generous closet space and under-bed storage
- Hair dryer
- Daily nightly turndown service
- 24h laundry service
- Complimentary evening canapés