In November 2018, a purpose built polar expedition vessel RCGS Resolute will join Akademik Ioffe and Akademik Sergey Vavilov under the One Ocean Expeditions banner, to offer the most capable, safe, and exclusive expedition cruise fleet in the industry.
Designed for comfort, RCGS Resolute is modern, well appointed, safe and ice-strengthened. From small group sessions to briefings for all passengers, they have public spaces onboard the ship ideally suited for each and every need.
Two separate bar and lounge areas featuring 180 degree views and a wonderfully stocked library provide ideal places to relax or catch up on some reading.
The sumptuous meals prepared for you by the culinary team are enjoyed in either of the two dining rooms, one of which features their popular bistro menu offering quick and easy meals for those prioritizing time out on deck. Both dining rooms have ample and open seating paired with modern furnishings and large picture windows with 180 degree views.
Other facilities include our theatre style presentation room, gift-shop, gymnasium, wellness centre, hot water spa, sauna and steam room and salt water pool.
- All meals during the voyage prepared by One Ocean Expeditions chefs
- Welcome reception & welcome dinner
- One Ocean Expeditions Farewell dinner hosted by the Captain
- Daily afternoon tea with fresh snacks
- Coffee, tea & hot chocolate available anytime
- Access to wellness area (Finnish Sauna, Plunge Pool filled with sea water, Hot Tub)
- Natural essential oil amenities
- Services of English speaking medical officer
- All zodiac and landing excursions
- Zodiac cruising, hiking, guided walks, photography workshops, fitness & yoga
- Educational presentations from experienced guides such as ornithologists, glaciologists, historians, geologists, naturalists and marine mammals experts
- Photography advice and instructions from the resident photographer. Extended photography workshops available on select departures
- Use of multimedia room to download images. Lightroom, Adobe, Photoshop and card readers are available for use on MAC and PC computers
Included Expedition Gear
- Windproof / waterproof jacket and bib pants
- Comfortable insulated rubber boots
- Water resistant binoculars
- Waterproof backpack
- Trekking poles available on shore
- Sea Kayaking at an extra cost of US$695 - Arctic & Torngat Explorer (Canada’s East Coast 'Fins and Fiddles' & 'Golf Expedition’ sea kayaking is complimentary), US$795 - Antarctic (Epic Antarctica: USD1590, Chilean Fjords: USD495) per person. Pre-registration required at time of booking. Confirmed access to kayak at any offered excursion. Limited to 16 passengers per voyage. Includes high quality kayaking equipment
- Sea Kayaking, Stand up Paddling and Cycling including gear free of charge (Fins and Fiddles and Golf Expedition departures only)
- Overnight Camping (Antarctica only, included in the voyage price) including high quality equipment. No pre-registration required. Camping is available on select departures only and can be affected by itinerary and weather conditions. Please see your full itinerary for further details