Embarking on a luxury expedition cruise aboard one of the PONANT EXPLORER ships promises an unforgettable trip and thrilling experiences. It also means travelling in the company of experienced crews, expert naturalists, and passionate lecturers.
In keeping with its values, PONANT has once again chosen to build intimate, smaller-capacity ships to expand its fleet.
As they are designed for expeditions and easy to manoeuvre, these new ships enable us to offer more and more exceptional itineraries. On board, guests will find all of the elements that have been the PONANT hallmark for almost 30 years: discreet luxury, comfort, service, and French flair.
Innovation, state-of-the-art technology, atmosphere: the PONANT EXPLORERS are a series of unique yachts designed for luxury expeditions.
In a world exclusive, the four ships of the PONANT EXPLORERS series are equipped with an underwater passenger lounge, called Blue Eye, located within the hull beneath the water line.The non-intrusive underwater projectors developed expressly for the PONANT EXPLORERS enable the observation of the seabed and photo-luminescent organisms from the Blue Eye lounge as well as from the outside decks, balconies and the marina-without any risk to the marine biosphere.
A fully-equipped sundeck and 3-position marina platform allows access to the sea for swimming and water sports (kayaking, paddle boarding, scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing, fishing, etc.)
A submersible mini-port, an original and unique concept, enables direct access to the flotilla of 10 Zodiac boats on board.
Like Le Boréal and its sisterships, Le Lapérouse has many common areas that are designed and equipped to meet all the guests needs while preserving the intimacy of each passenger.
- A 140 m² reception area
- A 50 m² boutique which sells clothing, jewellery, beauty products, postcards and various accessories
- Toilets accessible to passengers with reduced mobility
- A new hydraulic platform with adjustable height
- Easier boarding than on any other cruise ship
- Easier Zodiac embarkation and disembarkation for expeditions
- Easier access to the sea for swimming and practising various water sports such as kayaking or paddle-boarding
- A pool with a panoramic view, equipped with a counter-current swimming system
- A pleasant solarium
- An outdoor bar and lounge with armchairs and sofas
- A 200 m² main lounge which can accommodate all of our passengers to share convivial moments and to host activities organised during the day or evening
- A theatre that seats 188, equipped with the latest sound and lighting technology and a LED wall as the stage backdrop