The America will be American Cruise Lines’ eighth ship, and will be the finest Mississippi paddlewheeler ever built, introducing features never before seen on a Mississippi riverboat.
This state-of-the-art vessel features traditional Victoria-style accents that elegantly blend classic design with modern technology and amenities.
Seven Spacious Lounges
Choose to relax in one of seven spacious lounge areas. Each lounge has its own unique decor and some feature panoramic views of the passing scenery.
A welcome rest area where refreshments are served all day, the Sky Lounge is perfect for afternoon tea with sweeping views of the river.
Enjoy panoramic views of the stunning scenery and the sight of the paddlewheel turning out the window when you relax in the Paddlewheel Lounge.
Mark Twain Library and Chart Room
Take time out to enjoy the cozy atmosphere of the Mark Twain Library. Here you will find an assortment of charts and books to pique your seafaring curiosity.
Onboard Experts, Historians and Riverlorians
American Cruise Lines invites carefully selected experts to join them on each of their cruises. Informal lectures, open discussions and activities bring local history, nature and culture to life through their knowledge and passion for American heritage. These enlighteners, naturalists and historians also lead shore excursions to give guests behind the scenes insight of some of America’s best-kept secrets and favourite treasures.
What is a Riverlorian? Created by combining the words river, lore and historian together, a Riverlorian is a knowledgeable person who shares the rich history and folklore of America's rivers with others.
- Dining Salon - accommodates all guests in one seating for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Breakfast is a choice of hot and cold options including, waffles, pancakes, effs, bacon, cereals as well as a self service fruit and yoghurt station
- Lunch is a three course menu with choices for appetizers, entrees and desserts
- Dinner is a full menu with waiter service and focuses on regional dishes and fresh local ingredients including shrimp, lobster and crab
- Sky Lounge - offers an afternoon tea service including cakes, pastries, tea and coffee
- There is a complimentary cocktail hour every evening
- Room service is available for breakfast on a complimentary basis
Grand Dining Room
Chandeliers and fine furnishings enhance your dining experience, but what seasoned cruisers appreciate the most is the space. The dining room comfortably accommodates all guests in one seating, so you can dine whenever and with whomever you please.
Casual resort attire is recommended both on the ship and ashore. For dinner, men’s clothing might include a sport shirt and slacks, with sport coat or sweater. Women might find a sweater and slacks, or dress appropriate. American Cruise Lines also recommends you bring comfortable walking shoes, a hat, light rain wear, and a jacket for cool evenings.