Rhine & Moselle luxury river cruise
Luxury Europe River Cruise - New river cruise itinerary just released - from £995 pp
Enjoy a 7-day, 5-star luxury river cruise from Luxembourg to Basel and vice versa on the Rhine and Moselle rivers - including flights, transfers, all meals, drinks, tips and more!
Fares so low we cannot tell you the cruise brand! But trust us, you will not be disappointed!
- Return flights from London Heathrow**
- Accommodation on board a luxury river ship
- All meals on board
- All beverages on board†
- All sightseeing excursions as per itinerary
- Expert local guides
- Port charges
- All tipping
- All overseas transfers
UK departure dates:
- 14 October* - fares from £995 pp
* Itinerary operates in reverse on these dates.
Cruise Itinerary - Luxembourg to Basel
Day 1 - Luxembourg
Today you’ll depart the UK from your chosen airport and fly to the city of Luxembourg. Flights into Luxembourg Airport must arrive by 1:00pm; transfer to the Port and board your luxury river ship. This afternoon, settle in to your suite before a Welcome Reception this evening.
Day 2 - Bernkastel
Arrive at Bernkastel today, located in the middle of the spectacular Moselle wine-producing region. This charming town is overlooked by the ruins of Landshut Castle, and boasts over 500 years of wine history. It features a medieval marketplace, many beautiful half-timbered homes and quaint town squares with fountains dating back centuries. Here you’ll enjoy a guided walking tour, taking in many city sights. After your walking tour you will visit a local vineyard. Here, learn about the renowned wines of the region whilst enjoying a wine tasting of three local wines. BLD
Day 3 - Rhine Gorge and Rüdesheim
Today cruise through the Rhine Gorge on what is known as the most beautiful stretch of this enchanting river. Arrive in Rüdesheim, and ride the Winzerexpress mini-train to your selected sightseeing activity.
- Option 1: Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. Enjoy a unique tour highlighting one of the largest collections of automated musical instruments in the world.
- Option 2: Gondola Ride. Take a ride in a gondola and glide over the picturesque Rhine Valley from Rudesheim to the Niederwalddenkmal monument and enjoy stunning vistas of the Rhine Valley as you soar through the skies. BLD
Day 4 - Speyer
Arrive in the lovely city of Speyer. Here you have the opportunity to select your preferred touring interest.
- Option 1: Heidelberg Excursion. Delight in the baroque charm of the university city of Heidelberg and enjoy a tour of its world-famous Schloss castle ruins.
- Option 2: Guided walking tour of Speyer and Technik Museum Speyer. Explore the quaint medieval town of Speyer on a guided walking tour. Later visit Europe’s largest private technology museum. The Technik Museum Speyer features more than 3,000 exhibits of technological history.
Later, gain an insider’s view in to local life when you visit a local family for a special afternoon tea which includes coffee & cake. BLD
Change of itinerary on 08 October departure - arrive at Germersheim and choose either a Heidelberg Excursion or guided walking tour of Speyer and Technik Museum Speyer
Day 5 - Strasbourg
Strasbourg, the capital city of the Alsace region in northeastern France, is situated on the Rhine at the German border. Upon arrival here choose your touring options.
- Option 1: Strasbourg City Tour. Your city tour will take you past Orangery the town’s oldest park; the European Parliament; and the lovely ‘La Petite France’ neighbourhood.
- Option 2: Baden-Baden Excursion. Enjoy and excursion to the historic spa town of Baden-Baden where you will have the opportunity to visit the town’s famous Grand Casino.
This evening enjoy the Captain’s Farewell Dinner. BLD
Day 6 - Breisach
Disembark in Breisach where you will have the opportunity to select your preferred touring interest.
- Option 1: Triberg & Black Forest Open-Air Museum. Travel by coach past sky-bound pine and birch trees blanketing the mountainsides to the scenic village of Triberg, once the home to the inventor of the Black Forest cherry cake, Josef Keller. Enjoy some time at leisure before travelling to the Black Forest Open Air Museum.
- Option 2: Colmar Excursion. Enjoy an excursion to the medieval city of Colmar located on the Alsation Wine Route. During a tour here, see half-timbered houses, the German influenced old quarter, the Launch River and more. You’ll also enjoy a wine cellar visit and a wine tasting. BLD
Day 7 - Basel
This morning after breakfast, disembark your river ship for the final time in Basel. B
Call us now to book or enquire, or contact us here
Terms and conditions
Prices are per person, twin share and include saving where applicable. Valid on new bookings until sold out. Subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Solo supplements apply. Price is subject to availability of airline booking class at time of booking, if unavailable further supplements will apply for both passengers. Final prices will be advised at time of booking depending on live flight availability. Full payment is required at time of booking. Cruises booked under Last Minute River Cruise Offers will not qualify towards Club membership tier and Club loyalty rewards and benefits including merchandise do not apply. Travel documentation will be sent electronically. Flight upgrades and regional flights available, supplements will be advised at the time of booking. Surcharges will apply for both passengers. Standard booking T&C’s apply. ‡Complimentary beverages exclude French Champagne, premium spirits and selected wines. Return Home to Airport transfers are not included within this promotion.