Virgin Voyages announce Valiant Lady
“We are thrilled to unveil the name of our second ship, Valiant Lady, and to deliver on our commitment to offer travellers a sea change in how they can experience cruising in this fantastic part of the world,” said Tom McAlpin, CEO of Virgin Voyages. “Our Sailors will fall in love with the places we go and the moments and memories they will be able to create on our gorgeous ship. After all, there is no better way to sail the seven seas than doing it the Virgin way.”
Valiant Lady will be a sister ship to Scarlet Lady, and will make her inaugural voyage in May 2021, when she sails from Barcelona. She will offer three different itineraries, but all will feature late-night stops and overnight stays in in France, Italy and Spain.
Valiant Lady itineraries
Valiant Lady seven-night sailings start May 2021 and feature a Friday overnight in Ibiza, home to some of the world’s best beach clubs, cultural experiences, restorative spas, yacht clubs and nightlife. The ship will depart every Sunday from Barcelona.
- Valiant Lady Itinerary One - Barcelona, Ibiza, Monte Carlo, Marseille and Olbia
- Valiant Lady Itinerary Two - Barcelona, Ibiza, Toulon, Ajaccio, Marina di Carrara and Cagliari
- Valiant Lady Itinerary Three - Barcelona, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca, Malaga and Gibraltar
The name ‘Valiant Lady’ was inspired by the latin word valere and from the French origin, vaillant, meaning “bold”, “strong”, and “courageous.” While historically, the image of women only graced the bows of ships to bring protection to a vessel, ‘Valiant Lady’ embodies the idea that women design, captain, lead and champion change in the maritime industry.
Related Virgin Voyages Articles
- Virgin Voyages reveal staff and crew uniforms for Scarlet Lady
- Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady to get a female Captain
- Virgin Voyages reveal Worlds First Vinyl Record Shop at Sea