Uniworld announce new super ship, the S.S Joie de Vivre
This newly built, 125 metre vessel will sail on the Seine River in France, on the company’s popular Paris and Normandy itinerary. The S.S. Joie de Vivre will depart from Paris and visit Giverny (for Monet’s house and garden), Rouen (for the Normandy Beaches), Caudebec-en-Caux, Conflans-Sainte-Honorine (where Vincent Van Gogh spent his last few months) and back to Paris, where the ship will be moored overnight.
Uniworld’s new ship will reflect the French “joy of living” philosophy and their appreciation for food, wine, art and music.
Suites and Staterooms
The S.S Joie de Vivre will accommodate 128 guests in 54 staterooms, eight Junior Suites and two Royal Suites. All suites will be individually designed and include butler service, custom made Savoir of England beds and marble bathrooms.
- Salon de Beaux-Arts lounge will feature a collection of fine art and antiques curated from auction houses as well as private collections.
- The Le Club l’Esprit comes complete with a cinema and a surrounding pool with a hydraulic floor, which can turn into a dance floor or outdoor cinema at night.
- Dining venues include Le Restaurant Pigalle and La Cave de Vins, a vinoteque for private dining and wine-pairing dinners.
The design team from Red Carnation Hotels, Uniworld’s sister company, will oversee the design creative, taking inspiration from the region including French handcrafted furniture, antiques, rich fabrics, and gilded accents. Each of Uniworld’s Super Ships are individually designed and feature unique décor.
S.S Joie de Vivre all-inclusive cruise fares include:-
- Scheduled airport transfers
- All gratuities onboard and onshore
- Port charges
- All meals
- Unlimited beverages, including local wines, craft beers and premium spirits
- Daily guided shore excursions with options to personalise
- In-suite butler service
- Concierge services
- 24-hour room service