Top Ten Things You Need to Know about Crystal Cruises
There are many misconceptions about Crystal Cruises. Yes, you may know that Crystal has been voted “World’s Best” by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure magazine more than any other cruise line (or hotel, or resort), but does that make Crystal stuffy or overpriced? Hardly! Here are some reasons you might want to think about a Crystal Cruise for your next cruise…
1. Crystal Cruises offers the best part of small ship cruising, with the best part of large ship cruising, on Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony. Enjoy a small ship atmosphere with personal service and fine dining, along with the choices in entertainment and enrichment of a larger ship – without the crowds. Most of the guests who are sailing on Crystal Cruises for the first time are coming from premium cruise lines.
2. All-inclusive – Every Crystal Cruises voyage includes onboard gratuities, fine wines and premium spirits throughout the ships. Also included are bottled water, juices, sodas, speciality coffees, at least one complimentary reservation in each of the speciality restaurants, enrichment programmes and classes, self-service laundry facilities on each deck, fitness classes, even Ben & Jerry’s at Scoops ice cream bar, with toppings and home-made waffle cones…
3. Crystal Cruises features voyages from 5 to 129 nights. There are many voyages from 7 to 10 nights, with quite a few “work friendly” 7- day options that begin and end on a weekend.
4. 25 Years of Award Winning Cuisine - The Crystal Dining Room, featuring traditional fare, as well as a Modern Menu. In addition, Crystal Crusies has Silk Road & the Sushi Bar for Nobu’s Japanese fusion cuisine, Prego for Italian fare, global inspired cuisine at Tastes onboard Serenity, the Vintage Room, the Bistro Coffee/Wine Bar, and 24 hour complimentary room service!
5. Choices in enrichment and entertainment – An upscale cruise line WITH nightlife? Yes – Broadway-style production shows, cabaret shows, two piano bars, music for dancing, a movie theatre, etc., as well as a variety of activities to engage or ignore during the day. First rate lecturers on the destinations, current events and special interests (athletes, entertainers, authors, etc.), classes in wine tasting, art, piano, languages, as well as basic computing in their Computer University @ Sea. A fantastic spa and gym offering fitness classes – Yoga, Pilates, circuit training, “boot camp”, spinning and golf lessons from a PGA professional!
6. Crystal Cruises has itineraries published up until the end of 2021! Crystal Cruises covers the globe with just two ships – from the Caribbean to the Mediterranean, Asia and the South Pacific to New England and Canada, and from the Panama Canal to Alaska… With 3 new ‘Diamond Class’ ships to be delivered from 2020 onwards, Crystal Cruises will cover the globe more than ever!
7. No Ties Required – Crystal has “Black Tie Optional” evenings. A jacket and open collared shirt is just fine for “Black Tie Optional” evenings! Granted, there are guests in tuxedos and in formal wear, but that’s the joy of “optional” – dress up if you choose to do so. Every other evening is “Crystal Casual” – the only restriction is no shorts or baseball caps after 6pm.
8. Great fares for single guests! While many cruise lines charge double for a single cruiser, Crystal Cruises starts their single supplements at 25% for ocean view staterooms. AND, there are several voyages offering a 10% supplement for lead-in categories. Crystal is also the only major cruise line still featuring Ambassador Dance Hosts on EVERY voyage – dancing in the lounges, hosting tables in the dining room, even escorting shore excursions.
9. Crystal Cruises offer a robust “Kids Programme” on Christmas and most summer voyages - With its acclaimed children’s programmes and activities, Crystal Cruises is the upscale cruise line best suited for the family market. With Captain’s Coke-tail parties, scavenger hunts, and even a video arcade for the teens there’s plenty to keep the kids occupied.
10. More ways to save – The value of an all-inclusive cruise is fantastic – no more budgeting for the cruise tickets, PLUS beverages, activities and gratuities at the end! Also, if you pay in full six months prior to sailing, you’ll save 2.5% off the cruise fare. Once you’ve sailed with Crystal Cruises, you receive a Crystal Society Discount on every Crystal Cruise. Book onboard, and double your Crystal Society Savings for the future cruise. And, guests sailing on back to back voyages save at least 5%.
- New Crystal River Cruises for 2019
- The Evolution of Crystal Cruises Luxury
- Incredible Round-The-World Luxury Cruise on Crystal Cruises