Top Ten things to do in Barcelona on a cruise
You have arrived in Barcelona on your luxury cruise ship and you may only have a day there - how do you make the most of your time? Barcelona is a vibrant buzzing city with plenty of options of things to do and see. Here are our Top Ten of some of the best things we like to do when we visit - what are your suggestions?
Top Ten Barcelona by The Luxury Cruise Company
- Take a stroll down Las Ramblas. This mile long street is packed with tourists, artists, human statues, fortune-tellers, dancers, musicians and vibrant flower stalls. A good place to grab a coffee and people watch.
- You can’t go to Barcelona and not take in the fantastic architecture of Gaudi. To get a great panorama view of the city walk (or take the bus) to Park Guell, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- If you’re lucky enough to be in Barcelona overnight why not take in a concert at possibly one of the most prestigious venues in the world, The Gran Theatre Del Liceu. Alternatively see what’s on at the L’Auditori, this offers classical, jazz and world music performances.
- For the football fans amongst you why not pop along to one of the largest football stadium in the world! Camp Nou.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to discover some of the most interesting facts on the life and works of the genius that is Picasso at the Picasso Museum on Carrer de Montcada.
- Barcelona City Bus Tour. You can hop on and hop off as many times as you like, this tour takes in all of the key sights.
- Visit the old, narrow streets in the Gothic neighbourhood.
- View the Magic Fountain of Montjuic - located on Avenida Maria Cristina - it offers stunning light and water displays in the evening
- Spend a day on the beach. Only a 15 minute walk from Las Ramblas
- Be sure to visit Casa Milà or "la Pedrera" as it is sometimes called, along with the Sagrada Familia. Go early to avoid queues!
So that is our Top Ten - we would love to hear some of your favourite things to do - let us know below.Thinking of booking a cruise to Barcelona?
Email Cathy hereHave you visited Barcelona on your cruise? We would love to hear what you think of this popular Mediterranean port of call. Tweet your thoughts to @LuxuryCruiseCo with #Barcelona