Top Chefs to headline Crystal Cruises Foodie Cruises
Crystal Cruises 2013 wine and food theme cruises commence in January on Crystal Symphony. Departing from Australia, they will visit New Zealand and Bali, on a "Koalas and Kiwis" itinerary followed by a "Reefs and Rainforest" voyage. Ports of call include:-
- Milford, Doubtful, and Dusky Sounds
- Great Barrier Reef
- Whitsunday Islands/Hamilton
Regional chefs, wine experts and restaurant owners will headline the theme cruises, and will offer:-
- Free cooking lessons
- Hands-on instruction
- Cooking demonstrations
- Wine tasting
- Cocktail mixology classes
In addition, the chefs and experts will also be creating special dinner menus based on regional foods.
Guest presenters include:-
- Heinz von Holzen - Balinese cookbook author and owner of the island's only traditional, multi-award-winning restaurant and cooking school, Bumbu Bali.
- Cameron Douglas - New Zealand's first and only Master Sommelier
- Damien Pignolet - Sydney's renowned Modern Australian/French fusion chef and executive chef at Bistro Moncur restaurant.
- Greg Doyle - Former Australian Restaurateur of the Year and Owner of Pier, one of Australia's finest seafood restaurants and a Sydney institution.
The cruises offer direct access to each country's culinary hotspots, including the wine regions of South Australia and Wellington, the fine dining pubs of New South Wales and the Northern Territory's outback pubs.
Extraordinary culinary experiences are a hallmark of every Crystal Cruise, such as their cheese and wine cellars, cocktails served by certified mixologists; gourmet dining options at every meal, Nobu Matsuhisa's specialty restaurants; fine wines, champagnes, and premium spirits; and gratuities for bar, dining, and housekeeping staff -- all complimentary and included with every cruise.
For more information on prices and availability contact The Luxury Cruise Company.