The true value of an all inclusive luxury cruise
We received this ’Caribbean cruise cost comparison’ sent to us from our friends at Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
This demonstrates the added value that the all-inclusive luxury cruise lines can offer. When you add up all the "hidden extras" that you end up paying for on most other non all-inclusive lines, it can end up costing you more.
Are you hesitant about an all-inclusive luxury cruise?
Well here is a breakdown of what you might expect to pay, over and above the basic cruise fare as advertised with most non-inclusive cruise lines:-
|Flights||£600||(Return economy from London)|
|Hotel||£100||(1 night pre cruise stay)|
|Specialty dining||£33||($25pp -2 times)|
|Wine with dinner||£83||($25 per bottle - 5 meals)|
|Teas and coffees||£37||($4 a coffee - 2 per day)|
|Bottled water||£3||($1 per bottle per excursion)|
|Soft drinks||£23||($2.50 per drink - 2 per day)|
|Cocktails or after dinner drinks||£33||($5 per drink - 2 drinks a night, 5 nights)|
|Shore excursions||£330||($99 per excursion - 5 excursions)|
|Gratuities||£60||($13 a day)|
|Service Charges||£60||(15% onboard expenditure)|
|Total cost of extras:||£1414pp|
- All these different elements total £1414pp
- The basic cruise price for a balcony suite might be £1519pp
- Additional elements plus the cruise only fare means your final cost might actually be £2933 per person.
- When you book a Regent Seven Seas cruise, there are no extras!
- The cruise fare for a 7-night Caribbean cruise will cost you from £2889pp^ for a balcony suite and includes all of these elements as below as standard!
Regent Seven Seas Cruises include all this in their fares:-
- Free flights, transfers and pre cruise stay
- Free shore excursions in every port
- All fine dining including specialty restaurants
- All drinks and beverages at any time of the day including champagnes, spirits & cocktails
- All gratuities - there is no tipping or service charges
- 97% of suites have a balcony - no inside cabins
- More spacious suites. Entry level starts at 301sq ft
- Every suite hosts large marble appointed bathrooms and walk in wardrobes
- Medium sized ships with the amenities of larger ships
- High staff to guest ratio of 2:3
- No queues, no crowds - spacious living
So when you add it up you get a lot better value for money taking a luxury all-inclusive cruise. More information about Regent Seven Seas Cruises
*All calculations have been done at £1.00 = $1.5 on conservative estimates. Based on taking a 7 night cruise with 1 night pre-cruise. ^ 7 night Navigator cruise 8th April 2011 in Deluxe Balcony Suite (F)