The Cruise International Awards
Cruise International today launches the first ever consumer awards dedicated to celebrating every aspect of the cruise industry.
The Cruise International Awards is launched in association with Cruise Today.
The awards will highlight the best the cruise industry has to offer - from cutting-edge cuisine to Broadway shows; iLounges to zip-lining; Agatha Christie to the Archers - they're all on board today's cruise ships.
A panel of top judges from leading cruise agents and have shortlisted the awards, which will open for consumer voting today and throughout the summer.
A glittering awards ceremony will take place on September 14, ahead of Cruise Week, in a top London venue.
Cruise International Editor Adam Coulter said: "The Cruise International Awards are a way of celebrating the best that cruise has to offer.
"We are delighted to be working in partnership with Travel Channel's Cruise Today to bring cruise to a wider audience.
"The level of innovation, the quality of service and accommodation, the exceptionally high standard of cuisine and the value for money that cruise has to offer needs to be celebrated.
"I am confident that these awards will help put cruise at top of mind as the holiday of choice for UK holidaymakers."
Jonathan Beaumont, presenter, Cruise Today, said: "Travel Channel and Cruise Today are thrilled to have partnered with Cruise International in sponsoring these prestigious awards.
"As cruising becomes increasingly popular, the inception of an annual award that recognises the best that the industry has to offer is long overdue and we anticipate that the awards will fast be viewed by both the cruise industry and travellers alike as a benchmark for excellence."
The categories include:
- Best Innovation - from bars that move float three floors to menus on iPads - today's cruise ships are leading the way to cutting-edge innovation
- Best New Cruise Ship - from the 6,000+ passenger floating city Allure of the Seas to the elegant Queen Elizabeth and the stylish L'Austral - there has been a new ship launched on almost monthly basis for the past 12 months
- Best Live Performance - West End Shows, RADA performances, the Blue Man Group - there's very little that cruise ships don't offer in the way of entertainment
- Cruise Celebrity of the Year - what do Twiggy, Shirley Bassey and HM The Queen all have in common? - they are all Godmothers of cruise ships. The awards will celebrate the one that has done the most to promote cruising
- Cruise Travel Agency of The Year - Which cruise specialist agency has gone the extra mile to ensure your cruise will be a memorable one? You can nominate an individual cruise expert or a team that has really gone out of their way to help you.
For more details on the categories, how to vote and to meet the judges visit cruise-international.com/awards.