Swan Hellenics new destinations for winter 2011-12 cruises
Swan Hellenic has launched its 2011-2012 season with a new brochure featuring cruises throughout northern Europe, the Mediterranean, Black Sea, North Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Swan Hellenic will return to the Far East in 2011 with ports of call throughout India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, China, Indonesia and the Philippines, including a return to Yangon in Myanmar.
New ports, all accessible only by smaller cruise ships like Minerva, include the wildlife conservation reserve of Sir Bani Yas island in the United Arab Emirates, the Vietnamese coastal city of Qui Nhon, and the French fishing town of Port Vendres close to the Spanish border. The 320-guest Minerva is also small enough to transit the Corinth Canal in Greece, the Kiel Canal in Germany, the Yangon River in Myanmar and the Saigon River in Vietnam.
Highlights of the new Swan Hellenic brochure for winter 2011-2012 include:
- A return to the Persian Gulf with a 16-day 'Into the Persian Gulf' discovery cruise from Mumbai, India and ending in Muscat, Oman
- An cruise to Indonesia and South East Asia with a 22-day 'East of Java' cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong with ports of call including Semarang in Java, Bali, Lombok, Komodo, Sandakan in Malaysia, and Manila before arriving in Hong Kong.
- A 21-day 'Kingdoms of South East Asia' cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore which includes a transit of the Saigon River in Ho Chi Minh, plus five different ports of call in Vietnam.
- A 15-day 'Colours of India' cruise taking in ports such as Gandhi's birthplace, Porbandar, as well as an overnight stay in Mumbai.
- Cruises in Northern Europe depart from Portsmouth for the first time in 2011 following the extensive redevelopment of the port. Complimentary coach transfer to and from Portsmouth is included for no additional cost for all no-fly guests
All cruises are escorted by expert guest speakers that are relevant to the destinations the ship is sailing too.
For more information about Swan Hellenic and Minerva visit here - Swan Hellenic luxury cruises