Silversea launch new Photography Academy
Silversea Expeditions, the luxury expedition cruise specialist, has introduced its new My Photo Academy on voyages to Antarctica onboard Silver Cloud, using the ship's new Photo Studio as a focus for the enrichment programme.
With stunning landscapes and amazing wildlife as the backdrop, guests will have the chance to elevate their photographic skills by learning how to take and edit pictures like a professional. The itineraries are designed to maximise expedition time and provide opportunities for shooting great images.
My Photo Academy on Silver Cloud
With both private and group lessons, guests can learn to master the art of digital photography through the Academy, which provides an array of speciality workshops for both beginners and pros.
Among the topics covered are:
- An introduction to photography
- Social media
- How to use Adobe® Lightroom®
- How to use Photoshop® software
The Silver Cloud photo studio
Unique to Silver Cloud, the Photo Studio - designed and implemented in collaboration with Galardi Media Network, is a vibrant space of creativity featuring state-of-the-art equipment for both MAC and PC users, including high-quality printers available for use on a fee basis for guests wishing to create postcards or take home frame-ready pictures, including panorama- and A2-size prints. A user-friendly, touch-screen interface makes it easy for guests to print their own photos.
With the guidance of a professional photo manager, guests can learn and practice their photo-editing skills on such high-grade professional equipment as:
- Six HP Envy 27-inch, all-in-one desktop computers
- Six iMac 27-inch, all-in-one desktop computers
- Four Loupedeck photo-editing consoles for Adobe Lightroom
- Two DNP dye sublimation photo printers
- Two Epson inkjet plotters
- Custom workshop management software
- Three Samsung 55-inch screens with 4K picture quality
- One Samsung 65-inch screen with 4K picture quality
Additionally, guests can schedule a 20-minute, one-on-one appointment with a photo-editing expert to receive guidance on a host of topics, including:
- Smart gear recommendations
- Instruction on proper camera use
- Camera menu options
- Help with social media and posting: Facebook and Instagram
"Our new photography programme is a perfect fit for the immersive expeditions we offer in Antarctica," said Conrad Combrink, SVP Strategic Development Expeditions and Experiences. "Voyaging to the bottom of the Earth is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, full of magical moments that we hope to help our guests capture in beautiful images they would be proud to display in their home or office."
Silver Cloud accommodates just 200 guests in polar waters. A fleet of 16 Zodiacs provides unprecedented opportunity for up-close exploration, while 10 kayaks offer a truly personalised experience of nature in the polar realms. 20 or more passionate and dedicated Expedition Team members are always at hand to share their considerable knowledge and insights. They give lectures in the multi-tiered Explorer Lounge, run workshops, lead Zodiac and kayak trips, and guide nature walks - all of which is complimentary. Expedition voyages to Antarctica are offered from November to February.
- Silversea launches a new partnership with ORCA
- First-look at the new Silver Cloud Expeditions ship
- Silver Cloud completes $40m refurbishment