Silversea Introduces Antarctica Fly the Drake Passage Voyages
- Skip the Drake Passage
- Fly in Business Class straight to Antarctica
- Start your luxury expedition voyage in the heart of the destination
- The nine-day fly-cruises will operate on 12 dates in December 2021
- Fares start from £13,300 pp based on two people sharing
Antarctica Bridge. Fly straight to Antarctica.
Join Silver Explorer in just 2 hours from Punta Arenas. Enjoy pre and post cruise hotel accommodation including bon voyage dinner and transfers.
- Day 1 - Fly to Punta Arenas, Chile from the UK
- Day 2 - Arrive in Punta Arenas and transfer to your hotel, the Hotel Cabo de Hornos
- Day 3 - Fly in Business Class over the Drake Passage on a Silversea charter flight to Antarctica and embark Silver Explorer
- Day 3 to 9 - Enjoy your all-inclusive luxury expedition voyage
- Day 9 - Debark Silver Explorer and fly back in Business Class to Punta Arenas, transfer to Hotel Cabo de Hornos
- Day 10 - Fly back to UK
Enjoying direct flights from Chile's Punta Arenas to King George Island in Antarctica, travellers will fly 670 nm (1,240 km) over the Drake Passage on a private plane – reserved exclusively for Silversea's guests – that has been specially adapted to land on King George Island. Hosted by Silversea representatives and offering travellers the luxury of a business-class configuration, the flight will take just two hours each way, meaning guests will avoid approximately four days at sea on the return journey.
A bespoke in-flight entertainment programme, which will include Zodiac and IAATO briefings, will be tailored entirely for Antarctic expeditions to prepare guests for the unique adventure ahead. Travellers will then spend five full days – the same amount of time as on Silversea's conventional Antarctica voyages – travelling deep into the destination, accompanied by Silversea's team of expedition experts.
Silversea Antarctica Bridge Departure dates
- 11 Dec 2021
- 17 Dec 2021
- 29 Dec 2021
- 18 Jan 2021
- 24 Jan 2022
- 30 Jan 2022
- 5 Feb 2022
- 5 Mar 2022
- 11 Mar 2022
- 17 Mar 2022
Roundtrip economy class air to Punta Arenas (Chile); private flight to and from Antarctica (King George Island); one-night pre-cruise and post-cruise hotel stay in Punta Arenas; expedition gear, including parka, waterproof trousers, walking poles (rentals), rubber boots (rentals), expedition backpack and water bottle; welcome reception and bon voyage dinner (in Punta Arenas); pre- and post-cruise meals; transfers between airport and hotel, and luggage handling, when guests take international air through Silversea. Silversea’s standard expedition inclusions, which include guided Zodiac tours and shore side activities, led by the expedition team; enrichment lectures; butler service for every suite; and many additional amenities.