Silversea Cruises Silver Origin
Key facts about Silver Origin
- Groundbreaking new ship to join the Silversea Expeditions fleet in summer 2020
- Built by De Hoop in Holland
- Silversea Cruises first ever destination-specific ship
- Tonnage: 5,800 GRT
- Length overall (approx.): 101m
- Beam: 16m
- Max speed: 14 knots
- Guest capacity: 100 with a crew of 86
- Silver Origin is specifically designed for immersive travel in the Galapagos Islands
- Unique Ecuadorian culture will enhance the onboard experience: from authentic cuisine to local Expedition Team
- Zodiac-to-guest ratio of 1:12.5
- Highest crew-to-guest ratio (1:1.16) and highest ratio of qualified guides-to-guest (1:10) in the Galapagos Islands
- Interior design will be refined, elegant, and superlatively comfortable, inspired by Italian heritage that characterises Silversea’s entire fleet, but with unique elements that are inspired by the Galapagos Islands, for example bright accent colours and lava stone finishes.
- All-suite ship. Every suite to feature a private balcony
- A first for Silversea Cruises, selected suite categories will feature ocean-view bathtub and showers that can be accessed from balconies
- Certain categories will feature the innovative Horizon Balcony
- Owner’s Suite will be the largest suite in the Galapagos Islands and will offer a spectacular 180° view of the destination
- Silver Origin will be the only ship in the Galapagos Islands to offer butler service to all suites
Silver Origin Public Areas
Basecamp: An elegant lounge in which guests can socialize. One of Silver Origin’s most innovative spaces, designed specifically to enable deep travel in the Galapagos Islands. Educational space where guests can interact with onboard Expedition Team to learn more about the destination. Basecamp will feature a large interactive, digital wall—through which guests will be able to access destination-related content, including pictures, videos, excursion previews and scientific presentations.
Explorer Lounge: With floor-to-ceiling windows for sweeping views of the destination, the Explorer Lounge will host daily briefings and lectures from Silver Origin’s Expedition Team. The elegant venue will feature a large video wall and wide HD screens in the different seating areas. It will also be a sophisticated space to relax, with a bar and piano.
Observation Lounge: Located at the very front of the ship, the beautiful Observation Lounge will be an elegant hideaway with incredible views on the destination. The ideal place to relax with a book from our carefully selected library.
Cuisine: To connect guests with the soul of the destination, Silver Origin will introduce guests to the Ecuadorian food heritage, with specialty dishes prepared with the freshest ingredients by expert local chefs. Both restaurants will be able to accommodate all guests at full capacity.
The Restaurant: The Restaurant will offer the highest expression of local cuisine, together with a wide range of international selections. Floor-to-ceiling windows will offer magnificent views of the destination.
The Grill: An open-air restaurant and bar. In the evenings, The Grill will offer Silversea’s signature Hot Rocks concept, featuring lava stone cooking at its finest with an Ecuadorian twist. The Grill can be partially enclosed for guests’ optimum comfort, thanks to an advanced sheltering system.
Silver Origin Darwin's Cove
Silver Origin Environmental Credentials
- One of the most environmentally friendly and safest cruise ships ever built, thanks to state-of-the-art technology and special destination-inspired solutions
- Dynamic positioning system will protect the sea floor
- Fresh water purification systems will reduce consumption of single-use plastics on board
- Waste Water Treatment System
- Silver Origin will meet the highest standards of energy efficiency in the segment
- Technological innovation will complement existing environmental efforts, such as Silversea’s contribution to the Floreana Island Ecological Restoration Project
- Silversea reveal details of Silver Origin
- Silversea Expedition World Cruise
- Silver Origin Steel Cutting