Silversea Cruises Milestones
Silversea Cruises Milestones
Silversea Cruises passes a momentous milestone in 2019: 25 years as the industry’s leading ultra-luxury cruise line. Since first setting sail in 1994, Silversea has accommodated almost half a million guests on approximately 4,100 voyages. Silversea’s ships have completed an accumulated total of over 47,800 cruise days, while the cruise line’s guests have travelled on a combined total of more than 9.4 million cruise days.
Silversea Cruises Timeline
- 1994 Silversea Cruises launches
- 1994 Silver Cloud departs Civitavecchia on maiden voyage
- 1994 Silver Cloud christened in Monaco. Christening ceremony attended by HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco.
- 1995 Silver Wind joins the fleet
- 1996 By 1996, repeat business was at 50%
- 1996 Venetian Society was launched
- 2000 Silver Shadow launched in Civitavecchia, Rome.
- 2001 Silversea's first World Cruise sets sail from Los Angeles - 126-day voyage
- 2001 Silver Whisper launched
- 2007 Silversea named 'World's best small ship cruise line' for 8th time by Conde Nast Traveller
- 2008 Silver Wind refurbishment
- 2008 Silversea acquired World Discoverer, redesigned the interior and renamed her Prince Albert II (later Silver Explorer) at a ceremony in Monaco, which was attended by HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco.
- 2008 Silversea Expedition launches, the world’s first ever ultra-luxury expedition cruise line.
- 2008 Inaugural expedition voyage from Tower Bridge in London to Svalbard
- 2008 Silversea unlocks Antarctica for Silversea guests for the first time
- 2009 Silver Cloud refurbishment
- 2010 Silver Spirit christened in Fort Lauderdale
- 2010 Silver Whisper refurbishment
- 2011 Silver Shadow refurbishment
- 2012 Silversea becomes the first ever expedition cruise company to offer in-depth visits to the West Coast of Africa.
- 2012 Three Silversea ships meet near Corfu, Greece, for the first time ever: Silver Cloud, Silver Spirit & Silver Wind.
- 2013 Silversea visits many remote islands in Micronesia, Melanesia and Polynesia.
- 2013 Silversea partners with the Royal Geographic Society to enrich guests’ expeditions
- 2013 Silver Galapagos joins the fleet
- 2014 Silversea becomes the first company to bring an ultra-luxury product to the Galapagos Islands, training local guides to combine expert knowledge with high-quality service.
- 2014 Silversea unveils itineraries to the Philippines. The Russian Far East and Kimberly in Australia are also added to Silversea’s expanding list of expedition itineraries.
- 2014 Silver Discoverer joins the fleet
- 2014 Silver Explorer unlocks the Northwest Passage for Silversea guests
- 2016 Silversea launches a partnership with Dr. Galdikas and Camp Leakey, offering unique access to the orangutan rehabilitation centre.
- 2017 Silver Cloud is converted into a luxurious ice-class crossover. It is an instant success and now enjoys the highest guest satisfaction rate across the fleet.
- 2017 Silversea becomes first ever cruise company to stop in Bangladesh
- 2017 Silver Muse joins the fleet
- 2017 Silver Galapagos refurbishment
- 2017 Silversea launches the Expedition Leadership Training Academy, which recruits and develops talented expedition experts.
- 2017 Silver Shadow refurbishment
- 2018 Silver Spirit lengthening project
- 2018 Silversea partners with ORCA – a whale and dolphin protection charity – to benefit conservation efforts and to enrich the cruise experience for guests.
- 2018 Refurbishment of Silver Whisper and Silver Explorer
- 2019 Refurbishment of Silver Shadow
- 2020 Expected delivery of Silver Origin & Silver Moon
- 2020 Planned Silver Wind refurbishment and conversion
- 2021 Silversea will complete the world’s first ever Expedition World Cruise
- 2021 Expected delivery of Silver Dawn
- 2022 First of two Evolution Class ships to be delivered
25 Years of Silversea
- Silver Shadow Major Refurbishment Details Announced
- The Best Luxury Suites at Sea
- Silversea’s new S.A.L.T. culinary programme is set to revolutionise Silver Moon
- Silversea reveal details of Silver Origin