Silversea announce wine themed voyages
Luxury cruise operator Silversea are to offer eleven wine-themed voyages this year, each of which is set to feature a wine expert and include wine tastings and lectures.
On each wine cruise, guests with a passion for fine wines will be able to sample the finest wines from around the world and learn about the traditions of winemaking during a series of special tastins and lecutures that are to be conducted by wine professionals, vineyard owners and winemakers. Depending on the itinerary, guests may be able to participate in optional shore excursions to explore some of the world's most celebrated wine regions including Napa Valley in California.
For your information, we have listed the wine-themed sailings below.
- Silver Explorer's voyage from Lisbon to Portsmouth on April 29. (7309)
Featuring Eileen Crane, a founding member of Domaine Carneros winery in Napa Valley and Lawrence d'Almeida, wine ambassador for Silversea.
- Silver Whispher's voyage from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton on May 1. (4308)
Featuring Brian Davis, a wine connoisseur and holder of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust diploma.
- Silver Cloud's voyage from Barcelona to Monte Carlo on May 9. (1314)
Featuring Pam Starr, co-owner and manager of the Crocker & Starr Winery in Napa Valley.
- Silver Spirit's voyage from Venice to Istanbul on May 10. (5312)
Featuring Tor Kenward, founder of the Tor Kenward Family Wines in Napa Valley.
- Silver Wind's voyage from Rome to Venice on May 30. (2316)
Featuring Ken and Grace Evenstad, founders of the Domaine Serene Vineyard & Winery in Dundee Hills.
- Silver Shadow's voyage from Vancouver to Tokyo on September 12. (3328)
Silver Shadow's voyage from Tokyo to Shanghai on September 29. (3329)
Silver Cloud's voyage from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso on December 20. (1334)
Featuring Lyn Farmer, wine expert and senior editor of the Wine News Magazine.
- Silver Cloud's voyage from Nice to Barcelona on October 16. (1329)
Silver Wind's voyage from Las Palmas to Cape Town on December 3. (2336)
Featuring Lawrence d'Almeida, wine ambassador for Silversea.
- Silver Cloud's voyage from Rio De Janeiro to Buenos Aires on Dec, 11. (1333)
Featuring Florencia Palmaz, CEO of Palmaz Vineyards in Napa Valley, California.