Silversea Announce Australia Voyage
Silversea Cruises has launched a brand new voyage itinerary for 2011, allowing luxury travellers with the unique opportunity to circumnavigate Australia on one unique cruise for the first time.
The Silver Shadow sails from 19 January to 18 February 2011, and departs Sydney for a 30-day roundtrip. On the cruise guests will visit a diverse range of ports of call and destinations, from State capitals and exquisite islands to remote areas, which are only accessible by Silversea’s luxury ship.
Silver Shadow will depart Sydney and sail counter-clockwise around the continent with stops in Brisbane, Whitsunday Islands, Willis Island (Great Barrier Reef), Port Douglas, Cooktown, Darwin, Broome, Exmouth, Perth, Albany, Port Lincoln, Adelaide, Geelong, Melbourne and Hobart.
Trudy Redfern, Silversea Managing Director, UK & Ireland said “Silversea prides itself on offering exclusive voyages to the world’s most desirable destinations. With its exceptional range of experiences and landscapes, Australia offers our sophisticated guests the diversity they yearn for, a long-haul adventure of a life time”.
Throughout the voyage, guests will have the chance to:
· Celebrate Australia Day in historic Cooktown, the first British settlement in Australia
· Explore the oldest tropical rainforest in the world at Port Douglas
· Indulge in mouth watering regional cuisine throughout the journey and visit artisan wine and cheese makers in the Barossa Valley, South Australia
· Soak up the culture in the dynamic cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Darwin and be charmed by quaint coastal villages such as the pearling town of Broome
· Discover the abundant marine life and deserted white sand beaches at the Great Barrier Reef
· Be amazed by outstanding natural wonders such as the pristine wilderness of Kangaroo Island
· Learn about Ancient Aboriginal culture
· Enjoy unique encounters with native wildlife including koalas, emus, wombats and wallabies and visit the beautiful island state of Tasmania
Onboard, Silver Shadow guests will benefit from Silversea’s all-inclusive experience which comprises of exceptional gourmet cuisine courtesy of Relais & Châteaux, fine wines and spirits and world-class entertainment. Guests choose when and where they wish to dine and how they spend their days, whether it’s participating in a shore excursion, soaking up the sun by the pool or indulging in a luxurious spa treatment. At the end of each day, guests can return to their sumptuous ocean-view suite which comes complete with a private teak veranda and the services of a professional butler.
Cruise-only fares for this 30-day, all-inclusive cruise (Voyage 3102) start from £11,282 based on two people sharing a Vista Suite. The price includes port charges, government fees and taxes. Contact White Star Cruises on 0800 6123 354 to book.