Scenic take delivery of Scenic Eclipse, the World’s First Discovery Yacht
Scenic Eclipse departed the shipyard on Saturday 27 July on its journey to Valletta, Malta for registration. From there she will make a number of short stops before arriving in Reykjavik, Iceland, where she will commence operations of her first scheduled cruise. This inaugural voyage is a 13-day discovery sailing via Greenland and Eastern Canada before arriving in Quebec on 27 August 2019.
Scenic Eclipse Helicopters
Scenic has released footage of the final tests and trials of the on board state-of-the-art Airbus H130 helicopters. As one of the quietest helicopters in the skies, the H130 sets the standard for tourism operations worldwide and will give guests the opportunity to explore beyond the horizon, with unparalleled access to some of nature’s most beautiful sites.
“These final stages are significant highlights in any ship build,” said Scenic Founder and Chairman, Glen Moroney, “and particularly for a vessel of the technological sophistication of Scenic Eclipse. I’m very proud to say Scenic Eclipse has been successfully certified for passenger ship operations, has been officially registered, and we are now in the final stages of preparations for our inaugural voyage”.
Scenic Eclipse Facts
- 114 all-verandah suites
- 10 dining options – from Asian Fusion to French fine dining to a chef’s table to a poolside buffet
- A 5,920 ft² spa with a well-equipped gym and separate yoga and Pilates studio
- Two six-guest helicopters and one six-guest submarine capable of depths of nearly 1,000 feet -- to allow for explorations far beyond any done on expedition ships to date
- A 240-seat theatre for entertainment and lectures
- Indoor and outdoor plunge pools
- Butler service for all guests and an almost 1:1 guest-to-staff ratio
- Innovative zero-speed stabilizer fins, 50% larger than standard to provide greater stability
- The highest passenger ship ice class rating – Polar Class 6
- Redundancies in propulsion, navigation, safety systems and food refrigeration
- State-of-the-art bridge systems
- A GPS dynamic positioning system allowing for stationary positioning without an anchor, reducing any environmental effect in sensitive regions
Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours has grown over its 33-year history to include award-winning, all-inclusive luxury river cruises and handcrafted 5-star land journeys tours that take guests to many of the world’s most fascinating destinations.