Say I Do onboard a Cunard cruise liner
For the first time in Cunard Lines illustrious 172-year history, couples will be able to get married at sea by the Captain on board the fleet's liners - Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth.
Commencing April 2012, romantic couples can get hitched in the mid-Atlantic, and celebrate their wedding day at sea, or select a voyage from the line's vast array of destinations, including the Mediterranean, Scandinavia, Canada and New England, the Caribbean, the Panama Canal, Hawaii, the Far East and Australia.
Only one wedding ceremony will be arranged per day, at 11am or 3.30pm - to ensure that the event is special and exclusive to the happy couple. They will also have the services of an onboard wedding coordinator, who can arrange hairdressing, make-up, manicures, a harpist, ice sculptures, the wedding ceremony itself, photography, video, and the reception afterwards.
Various venues are available aboard each ship depending on the size of the wedding party. Under the guidance of Cunard's global culinary ambassador, Chef Patron Jean-Marie Zimmermann, the ships' culinary teams will prepare wedding canapés, a wedding lunch or a wedding dinner.
A Wedding Package is available, that includes the ceremony conducted by the ships Captain, wedding music, bellman, flowers, champagne and wedding cake
A wedding day at sea is available for $2,500 plus a marriage license fee of $575.
What's included in the Wedding Package:
- Priority luggage delivery
- Press service for bridal outfits
- Priority embarkation (and disembarkation) for the bridal couple
- Services of a wedding coordinator on board
- Two fresh floral arrangements for the ceremonial room
- Bridal bouquet and bridegroom's boutonniere
- One-tier wedding cake
- Traditional wedding music
- Elegant wedding ceremony venue
- White Star Bellman to escort the bride to the ceremonial room
- Ceremony at sea conducted by the Captain
- Commemorative wedding certificate
- Commemorative printed wedding menu
- Bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne
- Bride & Groom Breakfast in Bed
- Wedding invitations and Thank You cards for voyage guests