Regent launch new culinary tours and foodie classes
Regent Seven Seas Cruises launches new culinary arts classes and gourmet excursions for Seven Seas Explorer’s 2016-2017 Caribbean cruise season. New classes unearth the secrets of Caribbean, Mexican, Greek and Spanish cuisine while new excursions visit spice studios, markets and even a biodynamic farm. Seven Seas Explorer will make her North American debut sailing from Miami December 2016 on a series of all-inclusive luxury Caribbean voyages departing winter 2016 and spring 2017.
Regent has developed new classes for the on-board Culinary Arts Centre and new Gourmet Explorer Tours at select ports of call in the Caribbean.
Culinary Arts Kitchen
The Culinary Arts Kitchen, unique on board Seven Seas Explorer, provides guests with the ingredients needed to develop their culinary skills. Located up on deck 11 and offering superb ocean views, the Culinary Arts Kitchen is designed like a prestigious cooking school from France. Guests attending receive personalised tuition and hands-on instruction at 18 individual fully equipped cooking stations
The new classes for the Caribbean season include:
- Caribe!: This class celebrates the spices, ingredients and distinctive flavours of the Caribbean such as Bermudian Ginger Beer, that they can replicate at home.
- Fiesta on the High Seas: This class is designed for lovers of Mexican cuisine. Guests will make tortillas from scratch and master the art of grilling the perfect carne asada, along with chocolate pepita shortbread.
- Viva Espana: Guests will learn how to prepare traditional Spanish tapas and authentic sangria during this class as well as learning how to make aioli from scratch. They will also enjoy a paella demonstration.
- Who Doesn’t Love Brunch?: Guests will learn some new brunch recipes and master the technique of infusing sugars to make cocktails.
- Opa! This class explores a variety of dishes that have led to the healthy and long lives enjoyed by residents of Crete.
New Gourmet Explorer Tours
The new shore excursions are hosted by the chef from the Culinary Arts Kitchen along with a local guide, often a chef too, who can advise on the areas agriculture, wine and cuisine, to add an extra layer of authenticity to this new culinary tour.
New tours for the Caribbean season include:
- St. Lucia Spices Cooking Studio: St. Lucia is one of the famed spice islands of the Caribbean and on this exclusive Gourmet Explorer Tour guests will taste the subtleties of St. Lucian cooking. Following lunch, guests visit the open-air Castries Market, where farmers have sold locally grown fruits, vegetables and spices for nearly 100 years.
- Tortola Biodynamic Farm & Island Inspired Beach Lunch: Guests will travel to the biodynamic Good Moon Farm where they’ll walk amongst the seasonal produce while enjoying the vista views. Guests will then visit Trellis Bay where Aragorn, the owner of Good Moon Farms will prepare a beachside lunch featuring Rasta-style fruit smoothies, fish and grilled vegetables, and a dessert dish of mango, guava berries or fig bananas.
- St. John’s Market Visit and Cooking Demo: The journey begins with a chef-led tour through the local market located in the centre of St. John’s. Guests will be able to see and taste the island’s local fruits, including the famous Antiguan black pineapple. After working up an appetite, guests will arrive at a retreat owned by local chef, Chef Jacquie. She will teach guests how to make the island’s signature dish, a cornmeal dish similar to polenta called fungie.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises is the only line to offer free unlimited shore excursions in every port-of-call in every destination. Gourmet Explorer Tours are offered as part of the Regent Choice shore excursion programme, designed for intrepid guests wishing to delve deeper into a region’s culture and history. The Gourmet Explorer Tours for the upcoming Caribbean season are priced at a nominal $109 per person, while the classes at the Culinary Arts Kitchen are available for $89 per person
For more specific itinerary details or for general information about Regent Seven Seas Cruises see here – Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Regent launch largest speciality restaurant
- Regent Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review
- Regent Seven Seas Explorer is christened in Monte Carlo