There are a number of different cruising options that you won’t find in a glossy brochure or on many websites. If you read the recent article on quirky cruising in The Telegraph, here is additional information about the itineraries featured. Contact us for more information.
MS Swell – Alaska Supervoyage
Includes international flights to Seattle, 1 night pre and 1 night post hotel stay in Seattle, flights to Sitka and from Ketchikan to Seattle (or vice versa depending on date of travel) Private overseas transfers and the 10 night cruise on Swell.
Depart UK - 20 July, 11 Aug and 21 Aug 2020
Alaska Cruise Itinerary on Swell
- Day 1 – Sitka. Meet in the lobby of your hotel, for a historic walking tour of Sitka. This Alaskan town is richly layered in history: Tlingit, Russian and American. It’s also a real Alaskan fishing town, evidenced by the marinas and the character of local eateries. Visit to raptor centre and welcome dinner. Overnight at hotel
- Day 2 – Sitka. Free time to explore Sitka in the morning. Board ship. Weather permitting, explore by zodiac at St. Lazaria, an offshore island with thousands of seabirds. Cruising Kruzof Island and Salisbury Sound watching for sea otters.
- Day 3 – Krizof Island. Hike and wildlife on Kruzof Island, introduction to the rainforest and other ecotypes: lake, bog, west coast beach. Cruising Peril Strait.
- Day 4 - Baranof Island . Morning rainforest trail to scenic lake. Wildlife viewing (bears, otters) along the way. Cruising the waterfall coast of Baranof Island. Marine mammal viewing. Warm Springs Bay halmet, bog walk, and natural hot springs.
- Day 5 - Cruising Frederick Sound, watching for whales. Visit sea lion haul out, small island anchorage beach walk. Anchorage Admiralty Island.
- Day 6 - Pack Creek. Guided brown bear viewing and rainforest walk up salmon creek at Pack Creek on Admiralty Island, with special access for Swell guests.
- Day 7 - Cruising spectacular fjord to tidewater glacier, icebergs, wildlife viewing. Option to zodiac, kayak and/or walk, exploring glacier, icebergs in this awesome ice world. Beach walk at a glacier’s terminal moraine.
- Day 8 -Stephen’s Passage and Frederick Sound whales. Waterfall and rainforest hike. Glacier anchorage.
- Day 9 - Petersburg visit. Scenic Wrangell Narrows cruise, with a view of Alaskan water-based lifestyle. Cruising south.
- Day 10 - South Etolin wilderness exploration by boat and foot. Exploring intertidal life, multiple islets, black bears.
- Day 11 - Morning visit to off-the-grid community of Meyer’s Chuck. Cruising Tongass Narrows to Ketchikan.
Price includes on Swell - all meals, activities and guides throughout your voyage in the region you are visiting, fine wines with the evening meal, a limited amount of beer available throughout the trip, use of gear on board, including raingear, boots, kayaks and fishing gear (with fishing licence), all accommodations on your vessel and, on trips with a land day, in a local lodging. Itinerary subject to change due to weather conditions.
From £8,720 pp
Red Dragon – Thailand
Includes international flights, internal flights and 4 star hotel accommodation and private tours and private transfers throughout. Based on May to Sept departures. Includes 2 nights in Hanoi, 3 nights in Halong Bay on Red Dragon, 3 nights in Hoi An and 2 nights in Ho Chi Minh city.
Halong Bay itinerary on Red Dragon
Day 1 - HON GAI HARBOR – BAI TU LONG BAY – CAP LA
- 12.00: Embark at Hon Gai International harbour.
- 13.00: Check-in, enjoy a welcoming drink and cruise briefing.
- 13.30: Have lunch while cruising in the magnificent Bai Tu Long Bay, admiring the fascinating rock formations in the bay.
- 15.00: Cruise to Cap La.
- 16.30: Enjoy paddling around Cap La and Tra San by kayak.
- 17.45: Back to junk for swimming or relaxation.
- 19.00: Have dinner and stay overnight on board.
Day 2 - CAP LA – CONG DAM – CONG DO
- 06.30: Enjoy the bay’s morning landscape with a cup of tea or coffee. Have breakfast in the open air.
- 08.30: Cruise to Cong Dam while appreciating the rock formations of Halong Bay.
- 09.00: Kayak through hidden lagoons and Cong Dam geological park
- 11.30: Sunbathe, relax or swim at Tra Gioi Beach.
- 12.30: BBQ Lunch followed by relaxation on this deserted beach.
- 15.30: Cruise to Van Gio area for fishing with locals.
- 16.30: Back to Cap La for swimming or kayaking
- 19.00: Have dinner and stay overnight on board
Day 3 - CAP LA – VUNG VIENG FISHING VILLAGE – THIEN CANH SON CAVE
- 08.00: Enjoy the morning on the bay while having breakfast. Start cruising to Vung Vieng fishing village.
- 09.15: Visit Vung Vieng fishing village by rowing boat. Fish with the local people and learn about local fishing techniques.
- 10.30: Cruise back to Thien Canh Son Cave to swim, kayak and visit the cave
- 11.45 : Back to the boat. And have Lunch on Boat.
- 15.00: Cruise and discover the Cong Do area, Hang Thay Cave then back to HaiQuan area.
- 16.30: Attending making Vietnamese summer roll or carving fruits and vegetables with chefs on board.
- 17.30: Relax and swimming in Cap La.
- 19.00: Having dinner and stay overnight onboard.
Day 4 - CONG DO - HON GAI HARBOR – YEN DUC VILLAGE
- 08.00: Enjoy the morning on the bay while having breakfast.
- 08.30: Swimming or kayaking.
- 09.00: Cruising back to the harbor.
- 10.00: Check out of the cabin.
- 10.45: Having lunch onboard.
- 11.45: Disembark. Trip ends
From £4,750 pp
Prana Luxury Yacht
Raja Ampat itinerary on Prana
A 7-night full charter of the ship sailing to Raja Ampat would be from £99,500 (£5,527 pp based on full ship occupancy of 18 guests) on a cruise-only basis. Flights and pre/post hotels are additional.
Includes all gourmet western and Asian fusion meals and snacks, soft drinks and juices, use of all water sports equipment, snorkeling equipment for all guests, all diving equipment with the dive instructor or dive masters, a massage or beauty treatment of 1 hour per person during the cruise, personal laundry, excursions and guides/park fees & permits, internet when in range, and airport transfers on embarkation and disembarkation days from designated areas.
- Day 1. Sorong – Mioskon . You will be picked up in style by staff offering oshibori (hot towel) and refreshing mineral water, from the airport in Sorong and taken directly to the harbour to board Prana. Today set sail towards Mioskon, which teases guests with a flavour of all the delights that await in Raja Ampat including blue skies, pristine pellucid oceans and some of the best diving on earth. Relax with a massage on deck, cooled by the gentle sea breeze or recline on one of the many day beds with a good book. Lie back and embrace the freedom of the ocean. Enjoy being waited on by our discreet staff and sampling the delights of the fine dining menu.
- Day 2. Cape Kri & Yenbuba. Sailing through the night, you wake up in Cape Kri. After a delicious breakfast, the day will be ruled by ocean activities: snorkelling, diving, wakeboarding, water skiing and paddle boarding. Cape Kri is exceptional as it holds the World Record for the largest number of species referenced in one single dive. Tick off the ‘must see’ list of nudibranch, sea dragons, blue-striped flagtail pipefish, pygmy seahorses, green sea turtles, giant Napoleon wrasse, and Indian lionfish. Likewise, there are a bundant untouched corals gardens and sea fans that serve as homes for large schools of colourful small fish. From here we move to Yenbuba which is located right next to Kri. Drop anchor and take to the shores to be met by friendly villagers and appreciate the unspoiled natural beauty of this extraordinary island and the ancient customs of its residents
- Day 3. Manta Sandy & Arborek. The day starts with a relaxed healthy breakfast followed by an underwater safari in search of the Giant Manta Ray. The Manta Sandy dive site is located close to Mansuar Island and is shallow, suitable for both diving and snorkelling
- Day 4. Wayag. Wake to a sunrise yoga class and survey this ethereal landscape. After a hearty breakfast take one of the tenders to the island to climb the peaks of Wayag and survey the iconic limestone outcrops from above. This is the poster child of Raja Ampat filled surreal conical shaped karst islands scattered in an emerald sea. Enjoy a delicious fusion lunch and then choose between snorkelling, diving, kayaking or paddle boarding. This is a marine sanctuary so we cannot indulge in some of the water sports as we must respect the ocean here. Limestone cliffs, rugged outcrops, pinnacles, unspoilt rainforest and virgin white sandy coves await your pleasure. Spot dolphins and manta rays in the thriving ecosystems of this incredible destination. To bring this outstanding day to close we create a cocktail party on the beach around a roaring bonfire. Tell tales of the wildlife you’ve seen while watching billions of stars light up the night sky
- Day 5. Aljui Bay. We set sail early in the morning to Kawe so we can cross the equator underwater while you snorkel or dive surrounded by magnificent Giant Manta Rays. This is truly a once in a lifetime experience. After a lunch served either on the deck or in the air - conditioned salon, we sail to Aljui Bay. Here we visit the Atlas Pearl Farm, a far - flung yet gorgeous location where some of the world's best South Sea pearls are to be found. Tour the farm and learn more about these natural wonders. Loose pearls and jewels are available as prized mementoes
- For the intrepid on board, Aljui Bay is notably home to some of the most fabulous night - diving in Raja Ampat. Sink below the ocean and revel in the spectacular array of colours revealed by the dark. This really is like visiting another planet.
- Day 06. Wofoh. Enjoy a laid - back breakfast on the deck after a sunrise yoga class. Launch kayaks or take a tender to explore the beautiful bay. This spot is just outside of the National Park so all the watersports are once again at your disposal. The diving here is also unbelievable with endless coral gardens and a high species count. Return to the boat for an informal lunch served on deck by our lovely staff. Snorkelling, diving and watersports fill the rest of your afternoon, before cocktails and a BBQ on a deserted tropical beach. Take a massage in the salon before falling into bed after another amazing day. Overnight we sail to the islands of Pef and Yengefo
- Day 07. Pef & Yengefo. Wake up in the idyllic destination of Pulau Pef and take breakfast alfresco on the main deck after an early morning yoga class. Pulau Pef’s small inlets, bays and crystal - clear lagoons make it perfect for kayaking and paddle boarding. The water’s edge is surrounded by ancient mangrove trees, these are unusual as the water here is not murky at all revealing a vast underwater system of gnarled roots and aquatic life. Marvel at pre - historic hand paintings on the limestone cliffs. Snorkel or dive caverns and overhangs, spot hard and soft corals, keep an eye out for pygmy seahorses and the rare endemic walking shark. After lunch, sail to Yangefo to dive or snorkel with turtles, stingrays and schools of snapper and fusilier fish. Enjoy dinner followed by a trip to the one and only cinema under the stars before retiring to your comfortable cabin. We set sail to Sorong overnight.
- Day 08. Sorong – Departure. After a final breakfast on board, bid farewell to the ship and her crew as the tenders deliver you back to port for a transfer to the airport.
From £99,500 (£5,527 pp based on full ship occupancy of 18 guests)
50 Years of Victory
Top of the World North Pole Voyage on 50 Years of Victory
This incredible adventure starts in Murmansk, Russia. There you embark the nuclear-powered icebreaker 50 Years of Victory for a roundtrip voyage to the geographic North Pole. Anticipation heightens as the mighty ship smashes through the frozen Arctic Ocean toward the North Pole.
In addition to the exhilaration of cruising aboard a state-of-the-art icebreaker and the thrill of standing at the top of the world, you also have the opportunity to explore the rarely visited Russian Arctic archipelago of Franz Josef Land. This is an extraordinary voyage on a one-of-a-kind ship, worthy of a true adventurer.
- Day 1 & 2 - Fly to Murmansk via Moscow or St Petersburg, where you will be met and transferred to your hotel for an overnight stay.
- Day 3 - Check out of the hotel and take your included shared transfer to the port to embark the ship.
- Day 4 to 7 - At Sea
- Day 8 - North Pole. Welcome to the geographic North Pole! After carefully navigating to 90 degrees North, the captain ceremoniously drops the anchor on a sturdy stretch of ice and guests disembark onto the frozen sea. Now is the time to experience the long-anticipated thrill of standing at the top of the world. Join hands with your fellow passengers and literally walk around the world during a special International Round Dance. You are also treated to a barbeque meal on the ice. You may even have the chance to take a plunge into the icy water. After your memorable time at the North Pole, the ship turns around and heads south. But the adventure is not over yet. The High Arctic archipelago of Franz Josef Land is still to come.
- Day 9 - Franz Josef Land, Russia. The Franz Josef Land archipelago, part of the Russian Arctic National Park since 2012, is a nature sanctuary. Polar bears and other quintessential High Arctic wildlife—such as walruses and some rare whale species—can be spotted anytime, anywhere in and around Franz Josef Land. Scree slopes and cliffs around the islands host enormous nesting colonies of migratory seabirds such as guillemots, dovekies, and ivory gulls. Take advantage of 24-hour daylight to exploit every opportunity for wildlife viewing and excursions via Zodiac and helicopter. Franz Josef Land is home to some interesting geological features, such as the mysterious stone spheres on Champ Island. Franz Josef Land also offers visitors the opportunity to walk in the footsteps of famous polar explorers at well-preserved historical sites. Memorials, monuments, crosses, and the remains of dwellings are testimony to incredible historical events that are further illuminated by the onboard expert lecturers.
- Day 10 & 11 - At Sea
- Day 12 - Your once-in-a-lifetime journey comes to an end. After breakfast say farewell in Murmansk and take your included transfer to the airport for your flight home, arriving the same day.
- Use of airport lounge in UK
- International flights from the UK to Murmansk
- 1 night pre-cruise hotel accommodation in Murmansk, Russia, with breakfast
- Transfer from airport to the hotel in Murmansk 1 day prior to departure
- Transfer from hotel to the port in Murmansk on embarkation day
- Transfer from the port to the airport or central location in Murmansk upon disembarkation
- Shipboard accommodation with housekeeping
- Shipboard breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by helicopter
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by zodiacs
- Shore landings included in daily program
- Program of lectures and informal discussions by experienced Expedition Team and guest lecturers
- Professional Expedition Leadership
- Branded Poseidon Expeditions parka
- Rubber boots for shore landings for the time of the cruise
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in each cabin
- Informative pre-departure materials
- Digital Voyage Log
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All shipboard luggage handling
- Personalised medical insurance covering the risks of evacuation and repatriation (T&C's apply)
From £23,585 pp based on 12 July 2020