Oceania Cruises Introduces New Tapas Menus
Oceania Cruises have launched a new menu of authentic Spanish tapas, served in the Terrace Café every evening. The 14 new menus offer over five-dozen dishes including fresh fish, vegetable-based salads, crostini, rolls, seafood tapas, crudités and other small dishes.
Developed over the past 12 months, these new menus were created by Oceania Cruises’ head chefs and their enthusiasm for the Spanish tapas tradition. The dishes are created from the freshest ingredients that reflect the destinations visited, and for Culinary Directors Eric Barale and Franck Garanger, along with Senior Executive Chef Alban Gjoka, this was a very personal endeavour.
“The Boqueria market in Barcelona is one of my favourite markets in the world. Whenever I am in town I can spend several hours just walking the stalls and taking in all the scents, colours and flavours. Then I head to my favourite tapas restaurant, Papitu, where I found inspiration in this traditional aspect of Spanish culture which is always made better when shared with friends and family,” stated Chef Alban.
Select Tapas Menu Highlights
- Crostini with bresaola (a very lean Italian air-cured beef aged up to 3 months), gorgonzola and fig compote
- Vegetarian summer rolls with fresh herbs, tofu, rice noodles and a tamarind and peanut sauce
- Watermelon sweet Thai salad with cashews, fresh herbs, cucumber and sweet chili
- Molten cheese soufflé with chive velouté
- Homemade vegetarian samosas with raita sauce
- Fresh caramelized shrimp with onions and spicy chili sauce presented in a tasting spoon
- Heirloom cherry tomato salad with Greek caper leaves
- Porcini and forest mushroom timbale with crema di grana padano
- Oceania announce cruises to Cuba
- Meet Oceania Cruises Chef Alban Gjoka
- Oceania Cruises sweeps the board in Cruise Critic UK Awards