Have you ever wanted to tee off whilst on your holiday? Well now you can as a number of cruise and river lines offer golf packages where you can enjoy a round of golf whilst ashore.
AmaWaterways Golf Program
AmaWaterways’ Exclusive Concierge Golf Program includes 7 nights on board their newest and most innovative ship to date, AmaMagna, sailing along the Danube and taking you to some of Europe’s most prestigious golf courses.
With this seamless golfing experience, guests are transferred from ship to course and back by private luxury Mercedes. Once on the course, you need only golf and enjoy—your tee time, practice balls and golf cart are prepared in advance, and after your round enjoy lunch in the course clubhouse. When it’s time to transfer back to the AmaMagna, your clubs will be cleaned and ready for the next course on your golf adventure.
AmaWaterways Golf Program is available on the ‘Melodies of the Danube’ and ‘Romantic Danube’ river cruise itineraries.
AmaWaterways Golf Courses
- ALBATROSS COURSE, Prague, Czech Republic
- BECKENBAUER COURSE, Bad Griesbach, Germany
- DIAMOND COURSE, Atzenbrugg, Austria
- LEGENDS COURSE, Senica, Slovakia
- PANNONIA COUNTRY CLUB, Budapest, Hungary
Whats included in your AmaWaterways golf river cruise package?
In addition to the wonderful selection of experiences and amenities available during your river cruise, both on board and ashore, AmaWaterways Exclusive Concierge Golf Program provides a seamless golfing experience from the moment you arrive to the moment you bid farewell.
- Concierge service, including club care
- Private luxury Mercedes transportation to and from courses
- A la carte lunch at each course with beer and wine
- 1 round per golfer at each golf course
- 1 shared golf cart per round
- 1 range token per round
- 1 Welcome Packet: a dozen Titleist Pro V1 golf balls per golfer, 1 pitch repair tool, 4 or 5 course guides, leather shoe bag
- Club cleaning after each round
APT River Cruises AmaReina
APT River Cruises Golf Program
On a luxury APT River Cruise guests can personalise their holiday depending on their interests and fitness levels with their themed Freedom of Choice Touring excursions, including a round of golf on select itineraries.
Schloss Schonborn Golf Club
Aim for that elusive hole in one as you enjoy the beautiful fairways of Schloss Schonborn Golf Club, a member of the ‘Finest Golf Courses of the World. The castle was built between 1712 - 1717 by architect Lukas von Hildebrand, and the 104 hectares of park land were converted in 1989 into a perfect golf complex, with two thirds of the 27 Hole Championship Course located within the Castle walls.
Available on APT’s Magnificent Europe river cruises
Les Chateaux Golf Club
Les Chateaux golf course was voted Best Golf Course in France in 2014 by the World Golf Awards. The quality of the greens and the course design make this championship course a golfing challenge of the highest order. Nestled in the heart of 200 hectares of countryside, the Golf du Médoc Resort offers two golf courses recognised amongst the most beautiful in Europe in an exceptional setting at the gates of Bordeaux.
Available on APT’s Grand Bordeaux river cruises
Grand Avignon Golf Course
Located in Provençal surrounds and offering a superb view of the famous Mont Ventoux, the course features a driving range on the water and a club house set in an old Provençal mas (traditional farmhouse). Enjoy flat, wooded and water hazards designed by Georges Rouméas and the French champion Jean Garaialde.
Available on APT’s Rhone Treasures river cruises
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises Europa 2
Golf and Cruise voyages on Hapag-Lloyd Cruises
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises offer their Golf program on a number of sailings on their flagship Europa 2 cruise ship, the highest rated cruise ship in the world according to the Berlitz Guide to Cruising. The ship also features a hi tech golf simulator with an on board PGA Golf Pro on hand to help you practice your swing. In addition, on their exclusive Golf & Cruise voyages they have reserved the best greens for you in advance and put together attractive basic packages (subject to a charge). Golfers with a handicap of –36 or better can play on these first-class courses alongside the Hapag-Lloyd Cruises PGA professionals. All Golf & Cruise voyages are rounded off by friendly get-togethers on board, where you can meet up and talk shop to your heart’s content with the pros and fellow golfers.
The comprehensive Hapag-Lloyd Cruises Golf & Cruise package is subject to a charge.
What's included on a Hapag-Lloyd Cruises Golf & Cruise?
- Welcome cocktail
- First-class support from PGA professionals (on the course or in a tournament)
- Services for golf games including baggage service, shoe shining and golf club cleaning
- Individual training with the golf simulator/video coach
- Use of the fitting station to ensure that your clubs are the right fit
- Warm-up on the driving range, including balls (if available and if time permits)
- Green fees and trolleys (E-carts subject to availability)
- Transfer to and from the golf course
- Small traditional regional half-way snack after the 9th hole
- Lectures by PGA professionals (on topics such as “Golf psychology”, “Golf after 50”, “Painless golf”, “Stroke technique” or “Backspin”)
- Golf gift set as a souvenir
Available on select Europa 2 sailings to Australasia, Mediterranean, Iberia, UK, Northern Europe, and the Canary Islands.
Azamara Club Cruises
Azamara Club Cruises® and PerryGolf™
Fore! Golfers, don’t miss these exclusive golf voyages brought to you by Azamara Club Cruises® and PerryGolf™, the international leader in luxury golf vacations. Truly outstanding golf is found almost everywhere these days which means golf cruise vacation choices are available throughout the year. We begin in February with New Zealand and Australia plus an all new voyage to South Africa. During the spring and summer, we have voyages to Charleston & Bermuda including an option to attend the Masters, Southeast Asia to Hong Kong, the Baltic Sea including St Petersburg, the British Isles with attendance to The Open, plus voyages in the Mediterranean from May to October then the Arabian Gulf along with another new voyage to South America in the fall.
The itineraries range from seven nights to sixteen and from three rounds to six. PerryGolf’s staff on board and ashore arranges every aspect of the golf program from daily pairings and competitions to social events and handling your golf clubs which you’ll find set up at each course awaiting your arrival from the ship.
Those keen to combine their love of golf with their passion for travel will find the best of both onboard an Azamara - PerryGolf cruise.
What's included on a Azamara and PerryGolf cruise?
- Green fees and starting times for each round of golf including shared use of electric golf cart OR caddies where available
- All transfers to and from the scheduled golf courses in luxury air conditioned motor coaches
- Practice range and range golf balls where available
- Welcome & Farewell on board Cocktail parties with hors d’oeuvres
- Box lunch at each golf course with open bar for soft drinks, beer & wine
- “Golfers Social” gatherings on board where scheduling permits
- Casual tournament format with awards on one day Management and handling of golf equipment by PerryGolf for duration of voyage
- All gratuities for golf related staff including drivers & golf bag handling staff
- Full-time PerryGolf Program Manager on board and onsite at each golf venue
Azamara Club Cruises golf packages are in addition to the cost of your selected suite or stateroom.
Available on select cruises to Asia, Bermuda, Iberia, Baltic, UK, Mediterranean, Emirates, South Africa, Australasia, Ireland, and South America.
Crystal Symphony Golf
Crystal Cruises Golf Theme Cruises
A golfer’s dream. PGA pros work with you on your game, golf celebrities discuss their experiences on the PGA tour, then you'll have the chance to tee off on optional Crystal Adventures at world-famous courses along your itinerary.
What's Included on Crystal Golf Cruise Program
Crystal Cruises has created a Golf Program for guests who purchase two or more rounds of golf. In addition to fabulous rounds of golf on some of the world's most renowned courses, guests participating in the Golf Program will receive a number of exclusive benefits.
- Welcome kit with a schedule of golf events, golf balls, tees, a Crystal golf cap, a Crystal golf shirt, and a layout of the courses with the pars and length of each hole
- Crystal Cruises PGA Teaching Professional and special Celebrity Golfer & Speaker to host and accompany guests to the golf courses and play a few holes with each foursome
- VIP Golfers Welcome Cocktail Reception, the first opportunity to meet other participants and be paired up into foursomes. Our PGA Teaching Professional will review the golf program, scoring, pre-selected holes and awards.Prizes will be awarded for men’s and women’s best overall putting contest score, average score, longest drive, closest to the pin, and hole-in-one.The lucky winner of a hole-in-one at the pre-selected hole designated in advance by the Golf Pro will be awarded a complimentary cruise!
- Each 18-hole round of championship golf will include a 45-minute warm-up time at the driving range or putting green, one bucket of balls, bottled water, trolley service (as dictated by the course), locker room facilities and 9th hole refreshments.Enjoy drinks at the 19th hole prior to heading back to the ship.
- Two private onboard clinics with the Golf Pros
- Transfers between ship and golf course
- Complimentary cleaning of golf clubs and golf shoes after each round
- Crystal Escort at every outing to assist with guests’ needs
- VIP Golfers Farewell Party where all winners will be announced
Courses include The Kildare Hotel & Country Club, Royal Belfast Golf Club, Gleneagles King’s Course and many more.
Available on select cruises to America, Baltic, Iberia, Asia, UK, Mediterranean, and Ireland
Contact us for specific departures and full details of any of the golf and cruise holidays mentioned above.