Dame Helen Mirren to be Godmother of Scenic Eclipse
Scenic Ocean Cruises has announced that Dame Helen Mirren will be the godmother for Scenic Eclipse, The World’s First Discovery Yacht™. The naming and christening ceremony will take place in New York City on 10 September, 2019.
“Scenic Eclipse is a unique ship that requires an equally unique person to act in this role,” said Glen Moroney, Founder and CEO of Scenic. “We are delighted to welcome Dame Helen Mirren as Scenic Eclipse Godmother - her style, beauty and spirit of adventure are true to those embodied in the design and ethos of Scenic Eclipse. Combined with the international acclaim as one of the world’s finest actresses, Helen Mirren makes the perfect godmother to figuratively preside over the ship and bring good fortune.”
Dame Helen Mirren added: “I am very honoured to have been chosen as the Godmother to such a beautiful vessel as Scenic Eclipse. She will have many adventures and a wonderful life as she transports her guests in immaculate style and great safety to beautiful places.”
Dame Helen Mirren - photo credit Trevor Leighton
The maiden voyage of Scenic Eclipse is scheduled for August 15, 2019, departing Reykjavik Iceland on a 13-day discovery sailing, ending in Quebec on August 27. View Scenic Eclipse itineraries
Dame Helen Mirren has been nominated for, and won, many Academy Award for Best Actress for her roles in The Queen, The Madness of King George, Gosford Park, and many more. Her supportive efforts of charitable causes range from literacy and those assisting young people to refuge crises and stamping out poverty and injustice.
Scenic Eclipse features:
- 114 all-verandah suites ranging in size from 345 ft² to 2,659 ft²
- 10 dining options – from Asian Fusion to French fine-dining to Chef’s Table degustation
- A 5,920 ft² spa with a well-equipped gym and separate yoga and Pilates studio
- Two six-guest helicopters and one six-guest submarine capable of depths of nearly 1,000 feet
- A state-of-the-art theatre for entertainment and lectures
- Indoor and outdoor plunge pools
- Butler service for all guests
- An almost 1:1 guest-to-staff ratio
Scenic Eclipse Technology
And then there is the technology:
- Innovative zero-speed stabilizer fins, 50% larger than standard to provide greater stability
- The highest passenger ship ice class rating – Polar Class 6
- Redundancies in propulsion, navigation, safety systems and food refrigeration
- State-of-the-art bridge systems
- GPS dynamic positioning system allowing for stationary positioning without an anchor
Scenic Eclipse in the Arctic
Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours has grown over its 33-year history to include award-winning, all-inclusive escorted tours that take participants to many of the world’s most fascinating destinations and, since 2008, truly all-inclusive, five-star river cruises in Europe, SE Asia, Russia and Egypt on its 15 Space-Ships.
- Captain of Scenic Eclipse Announced
- Scenic Announce Second Luxury Expedition Yacht
- Scenic Eclipse Unveils World-class Cuisine
Scenic Eclipse cruises
Scenic Eclipse features a whole range of voyages around the globe – from the Arctic to Antarctica and everywhere in between. View all Scenic Eclipse itineraries or view the highlights below.
Journey along the spine of South America and be amazed at some of the most stunning landscapes in the world. Let us guide you through this captivating coastline of vibrant cities, colonial towns, renowned wine regions and natural wonders.
20 October 2020
for 9 days
£4,661 pp incl. flights / Verandah Suite
£5,417 pp incl. flights / Deluxe Verandah
£5,705 pp incl. flights / Deluxe Verandah Suite
Callao • At Sea • Arica • Isla Pan De Azúcar • Valparaiso