Crystal Wins 20th Year as Best Cruise Line
For a record 20th year, Condé Nast Traveler magazine readers have voted ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises the industry's "Best Cruise Line" (Midsize). Crystal's winning score of 94.4 is the company's highest since 2004, second highest ever, and highest overall score of all Small, Midsize, and Large-ship cruise lines.
Crystal significantly outranked its luxury peers in almost all the voting categories, including
The line also bested its own previous top scores in the Service and Food categories, and tied its past personal best in Itineraries. All Readers' Choice winners and scores will be featured in the U.S. magazine's November 2013 issue.
Crystal's product enhancements from the past year's voting window have included:
- Exclusive Boutique Adventures
- Private cars and drivers ashore
- Adding more connecting staterooms
- New America's Got Talent's iLuminate and Magic Castle at Sea entertainment on every cruise;
- The first Living Wall at sea
- Digital filmmaking education on every voyage, in partnership with USC's School of Cinematic Arts
- A $15 million Extreme Makeover of Crystal Symphony's Avenue Saloon, Palm Court, Galaxy Lounge, Hollywood Theatre, Bridge Lounge, passenger boarding area, and Fantasia and Waves "junior cruisers."
Recently-announced additions to Crystal's offerings include PURE allergy-friendly staterooms; Crystal Celebrations global event planning services; a new Connoisseur Beer menu; optional or inclusive land programs in Tibet, Thailand, and Cambodia; new theme cruises in 2014-15; and a $17 million Extreme Makeover of Crystal Serenity planned for next month.
The Condé Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards are among the most preeminent in travel, honoring the best hotels, airlines, cruise lines, cities, rental car companies, and islands from around the world. Almost twice as many readers voted this year as last -- a record 79,268 -- ranking their personal experiences with cruise lines' Itineraries, Excursions, Service, Food, Activities/Facilities, Staterooms, and Design.
See here for more information about Crystal Cruises
Crystal Cruises All Inclusive Video