Crystal Symphony Mexican Riviera Cruise Gets Spicy
Guests sailing on Crystal Symphony on her December "Mexican Riviera" cruise will be travelling with the U.S. Ambassador of Tequila along with Latin American master sommeliers and chefs. These top culinary talents from Mexico will lead cooking demonstrations, prepare special menus, host tasting sessions, and introduce specialty cocktail classes.
The cruise has a Wine and Food theme and will focus on Latin flavours - it sails from Los Angeles on 12 December 2010 for 10-nights.
Toni Neumeister, Vice President of Food and Beverage at Crystal Cruises :- "One of the hallmarks of a Crystal Wine and Food theme program is bringing destinations to life through regional flavours. The Mexican Riviera offers so many distinct culinary traditions, and it will be a treat for guests to enjoy both on and off the ship."
The guest experts sailing onboard Crystal Symphony include:-
- Yerika Munoz - Considered one of the brightest Master Chefs in Mexico; executive chef at Mexico City's Astrid y Gaston
- Jeremiah Tower - James Beard Award-winning chef and restaurateur, currently residing in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, credited as co-creator of California cuisine
- Sandra Fernandez - A self-proclaimed Wine Designer, Culinary Institute of America Sommelier and the only Latin American woman certified by the Court of Master Sommeliers
- Madeleine de Jean - First female sommelier in the U.S. and former Wine
Businesswoman of the Year
- Julio Bermejo - U.S. Ambassador of Tequila and proprietor of San Francisco's
famous Tommy's Mexican Eatery
Ashore, Crystal Adventures Shore Excursions offer tastes of Mexico with experiences including a traditional fiesta and clambake in Loreto and Mazatlan shrimp feast.