Crystal Endeavor Keel Laying
Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises celebrated the next important milestone in the construction of Crystal Endeavor as the keel was laid at MV WERFTEN’s Stralsund shipyard for the company’s first luxury expedition yacht.
During the special ceremony, Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel, in her role as a member of the German Bundestag, joined Crystal President and CEO Tom Wolber and Genting Hong Kong's Executive Chairman and CEO Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay, as well as Mecklenburg Western Pomerania’s Prime Minister Manuela Schwesig for the festivities.
Once the traditional lucky coins had been put into place, the 400-ton section was lowered onto the keel blocks.
“It is truly a thrill to mark this important milestone for Crystal Endeavor and the entire Crystal Family, as this yacht will change the way guests can explore the world both adventurously and luxuriously,” Wolber said. “I am honored to share this occasion with Chancellor Merkel, Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay and our special guests as well as the skilled workers of MV WERFTEN who are building this game-changing ship.”
“The keel laying of Crystal Endeavor here in my political hometown of Stralsund marks a special moment for me that is doubly significant,” said Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel. “Today, the foundation has been laid for this highly sophisticated, state-of-the-art cruise ship. But the ceremony itself, which is taking place in the lively shipyard with the participation of so many employees and trainees, also bodes well for the future of shipbuilding in the Hanseatic City of Stralsund and in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.”
The 20,000 GRT yacht will be the world's largest and most spacious purpose-built Polar Class ship. Crystal Endeavor will feature 100 suites and all the luxurious amenities and special touches for which Crystal is known.
Crystal Endeavor will feature:
- Generous public spaces
- A full-service spa & salon
- Six restaurants including Nobu Matsuhisa’s Umi Uma
- Expedition rooms
- Elegant suites with private butler service
- Offshore dynamic positioning capabilities
Crystal Endeavor’s PC6 designation will enable her to operate in summer and autumn through medium first-year ice. The ship will feature the latest technology, including offshore dynamic positioning capabilities, offering both comfort and safety while exploring the icy waters in the Polar Regions and exotic locations across the globe.
Crystal Endeavor Itineraries
Crystal unveiled the itineraries for Crystal Endeavor’s inaugural season on July 31, spanning from August of 2020 through January 2021, offering voyages of 12 to 22 days far off the beaten path of traditional cruise routes. Voyages rich with discovery will explore the cultural and bio-diversity of Japan and the Russian Far East; Indonesia, Borneo and the Philippines; New Zealand and Tasmania; Australia and the Great Barrier Reef; and Antarctica. The ship will sail a series of charters and special event voyages before it begins its inaugural season in August 2020.
What's included on Crystal Endeavor?
- All-suite, all-balcony, butler-serviced accommodations
- Unlimited Michelin-inspired cuisine and 24-hour room service
- Unlimited fine wines, champagnes, premium spirits, specialty coffees, and non-alcoholic beverages
- Onboard entertainment, expedition lectures, and enrichment programs
- Unmatched collection of Complimentary Crystal Adventures ashore
- 18 zodiacs, kayaks, submersible, and 2 helicopters
- Crystal Endeavor expedition itineraries announced
- Crystal Endeavor starts construction.
- Crystal announce a new Polar-class megayacht
- Crystal Endeavor Suites and Cabins