Crystal Cruises announce new voluntourism adventures
Crystal Cruises is continuing its popular “You Care. We Care.” voluntourism adventures by unveiling more than two dozen experiences for its 2019 ocean voyages.
Offered on most Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity sailings, as well as select Crystal Esprit itineraries, the complimentary excursions invite both guests and crew members to give their time and energy to dozens of worthwhile causes around the world.
Since its debut in 2011, Crystal Cruises “You Care. We Care.” programme has garnered great interest from travellers seeking to connect with destinations on a deeper level, offering visits to some organisations once a year and others visited on multiple voyages, building goodwill and relationships.
“We feel privileged to offer our ‘You Care. We Care’ programme. It is near and dear to the hearts of the Crystal Family and our guests by providing experiences that not only enrich the communities and organisations we visit, but also enables travellers to connect with destinations throughout the world in ways that are intimate and meaningful to them,” says John Stoll, vice president of land programmes. “Whatever philanthropic activities speak to guests’ interests – whether its environmental and wildlife conservation or interacting with local citizens – Crystal is proud to offer opportunities for them to contribute.”
The contribution of guests and crew is that of time and care, with no financial obligations requested or required. Crystal also provides financial and other needed resources annually to many of the charities visited during “You Care. We Care.” adventures benefiting the programmes and the people they serve.
For 2019, Crystal guests and crew can contribute to communities around the world with the following “You Care. We Care.” voluntourism excursions.
2019 You Care. We Care program
- Assisting at the San Francisco Food Bank, Clatsop Community Action Food Bank in Astoria and Mustard Seed Food Bank in Victoria
- Playing games, reading, dancing and participating in an array of other activities with the elderly and children at the Granitos de Paz Foundation in Cartagena
- Helping to feed the elderly at Mercy Kitchen in Belize
- Assisting with cleaning and caring for the animals at the Samui Animal Shelter in Koh Samui
- Getting an up-close look at the wildlife at Territory Wildlife Park and joining the conservation team in maintaining the park’s botanical gardens in Darwin
- Participating in tree planting conservation efforts to shelter the yellow-eyed penguins of Dunedin
- Assisting with gardening and other household duties at Domus Christi Home for the Elderly in Dubrovnik
- Assisting with meal preparation or recreational activities at Smile of a Child in Corinth
- Helping prepare food and create ceramic artwork with the disabled at the Pio Monte della Misericordia in Sorrento
- Learning about the conservation of marine life and participating in the theoretical rescue of a dolphin at the Rehabilitation Centre of Prat de Llobregat in Barcelona
- Assisting with the work at the Gallinas & Focas home for the mentally challenged, tending gardens and olive groves in Palma de Mallorca
- Assisting with grounds keeping at the historic Mount Stewart House & Gardens in Belfast
- Planting trees at the Heidmork Natural Reserve in Reykjavik
- Visiting the Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in St. Peter Port
Additionally, through its cruise donation programme, Crystal supports organisations around the globe with their fundraising efforts.
- Crystal Serenity completes extensive drydock
- Crystal Ravel River Cruise Ship Tour
- Crystal Cruises voted best in the world