Cruise International Awards 2011
The first Cruise International magazine awards were held last night at the Soho Hotel, London. Anyone who’s anyone in the cruise industry was there and Nick Hewer from The Apprentice presented the evening.
The Luxury Cruise Company made it in to the Top 5 for the "Cruise Travel Agency of the Year" category, and we were in the company of multi-million pound agencies! Small is beautiful as they say - thanks to all who voted for us.
And so on to the winners:-
- Best for Dining - Uniworld River Cruises for their Zagat Restaurant
- Best Cruise Line for Well-Being - MSC Splendida for their Spa area
- Best Cruise for Kids - Disney Cruise Line
- Best Educational Cruise - Fred. Olsen Cruises for their VISTAS enrichment
- Best Entertainment - Royal Caribbean International
- Best Shore Excursions - Hurtigruten for their Dog Sledding and Snow Hotel
- Coolest Captain - Cpt Havard Ramsoy from NCL
- Best Live Performance - Operababes on Fred.Olsen Cruises
- Cruise Celebrity of the Year - HRH The Queen for the naming of Cunard’s Queen Elizabeth
- Blogger of the Year - John Heald for Carnival Cruises
- Innovation of the Year - NCL for their single cabins on Norwegian Epic
- Hidden Gems - Hurtigruten for the Norwegian Coast
- Cruise Destination of the Year - Sydney, Australia
- Most Outstanding Launch of the Year - Queen Elizabeth from Cunard
- Best Value Cruise Line - P&O Cruises
- Best Luxury Line - Seabourn
- Cruise Travel Agency of the Year - Iglu Cruise
- River Cruise Line of the Year - Viking River Cruises
Congratulations to all the winners! The votes were cast by readers for Cruise International magazine and by visitors to the magazines website. Many of the cruise lines got behind the voting process too and encouraged their passengers to vote for them via Twitter, Facebook and e-shots, with over 180,000 votes were cast!
Do you agree with the winners? Tell us your thoughts.