Celebrity Flora Frequently Asked Questions
Celebrity Flora, the first new-build ship for Celebrity Cruises sailing the Galapagos, has been announced. We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions about this exciting new Galapagos ship.
What is included on Celebrity Flora?
Celebrity Flora will offer an all-inclusive product. All of the 10-night or longer packages include:
- Meet and greet services at the airport for all airport transfers and tours
- Luxury hotel accommodations throughout
- VIP check-in and check-out at the hotel
- Multiple fully-escorted exclusive tours in every location
- Meals and beverages while on tour and at the hotels
- Luggage service, including compliance with mandatory Galapagos agricultural inspection of all luggage at the hotel before departure and flight check-in with distribution of boarding passes at the hotel
- All tour connecting airfare (excludes inbound and outbound home/originating city flights)
- Galapagos National Park entrance fee, Galapagos Tourist Card fee and all other entrance fees
- Airport meet and greet service by Celebrity Naturalist
- Transfer to and from pier to board Celebrity Zodiacs
- 7-night all-inclusive Galapagos Cruise
- Celebrity Concierge Service/tour escort
- All gratuities
When will Celebrity Flora set sail?
Spring 2019. See here for the inaugural cruise: Baltra to Baltra on Celebrity Flora
What is the itinerary for Celebrity Flora?
Celebrity Flora will offer two unique seven night itineraries which can be complimented with 10, 11 and 15-night packages. Celebrity Flora will take over Celebrity Xpedition’s offerings. View all Celebrity Flora itineraries
How many passengers are on Celebrity Flora?
How many zodiacs will be used on Celebrity Flora?
6 zodiacs, with 12 guest per zodiac allowing for smaller groups to head ashore.
What is the guest to crew ratio onboard Celebrity Flora?
What is the guest to naturalist ratio onboard Celebrity Flora?
12 guests per Naturalist Guide
What makes Celebrity Flora unique in the Galapagos Islands?
This is the first ship of its kind to ever be designed and built specifically with the destination in mind
How was Celebrity Flora designed?
Celebrity Flora was designed utilising innovative 3-D technology. This advanced technology lets Celebrity Cruises experience every space on board in virtual reality to fine-tune every detail of the design before she’s even built. This process allowed Celebrity to create the most state-of-the-art ship to ever sail the Galapagos Islands.
The Penthouse Suite
What makes the accommodations on Celebrity Flora unique?
Celebrity Flora offers the largest and most luxurious accommodations in the Galapagos Islands. Every stateroom on board is a Suite, featuring incredible design features and indulgent services and amenities that make unwinding after a day of adventures in the islands easier than ever. All suites are designed to face outwards and have private exterior space. New to the Galapagos Islands is the Infinite Veranda. A key transformational element, this game-changer virtually blurs the boundary between inside and outside living space and takes the entire room to the water’s edge with the touch of a button.
What are the Celebrity Flora suite amenities?
Every suite will have a Personal Suite Attendant, whose number one goal is making sure their guests never have to lift a finger on their holiday. From helping them unpack and keeping the personal mini-bar stocked with beer, sodas and water to bringing guests their morning coffee. Every guest will also be indulged with premium services and amenities, including a welcome bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine; king-size beds from the signature Cashmere Bedding Collection with 100% pure cotton linens and a pillow menu; plush 100% cotton bathrobes and bath towels, bedroom slippers, and luxury bath amenities; unlimited Wi-Fi access; complimentary 24-hour room service and full in-suite breakfast, lunch, and dinner service; complimentary laundry service twice per cruise, in-suite daily delectables, and more.
What are the dining venues onboard?
There are two main venues onboard: Seaside Restaurant and the Ocean Grill. The main restaurant, Seaside Restaurant is on Deck 4, and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. This spacious restaurant features floor-to-ceiling windows throughout offering stunning or views. The second restaurant on board is Ocean Grill, an outdoor casual dining space that offers panoramic views during the day and stunning, starlit skies at night. In addition, complimentary 24-hour room service with full in-suite breakfast, lunch, and dinner service will be available.
Will there be a pool and/or hot tub on Celebrity Flora?
Yes, there will be a plunge pool on Deck 7 (The Vista) and a hot tub on Deck 4 (Sunset Lounge)
What are some of the key environmental innovations being implemented on Celebrity Flora?
Celebrity Flora is built with every state-of-the-art option and latest technology to make her one of the most eco-friendly and environmentally safe ships sailing on the planet. Environmental considerations include:
- Celebrity Flora is equipped with a dynamic positioning system that enables the ship to stay in position without the use of anchors to help protect the seas
- In order to reduce Celebrity Flora’s carbon footprint, she has been designed for increased energy efficiency and the reduction of emissions. The advanced propulsion system and hull configuration are two examples
- Celebrity Flora will operate with a 15% reduction of fuel consumption and equivalently less air emissions
- Celebrity Flora will be unique in the Galapagos—she’s the first ship of its size to have solar panels on Deck 7 to supplement electricity supply, which also helps to reduce emissions
- Celebrity Flora will use reverse osmosis equipment, thus the ship is able to process sea water into fresh water to supply 100% of her needs
- Celebrity Flora will also have the ability to reuse air conditioning condensation to provide water to the shipboard laundry facilities
- An Advanced Waste Water Treatment System will treat waste water following stringent standards that meet or exceed those of major cities
Will Celebrity Flora have accessible suites?
Unfortunately, Celebrity Flora will not have accessible suites. Please note the ability to accommodate guests with special needs aboard the vessels in the Galapagos Islands is limited. The Galapagos vessels cannot accommodate guests who are full-time wheelchair users. In addition, the land portion of these trips, including Quito and Galapagos in Ecuador, as well as Lima, Cuzco and Machu Picchu in Peru are not suited to persons who are full-time wheelchair users. A guest on a Celebrity Galapagos holiday must be able to ascend or descend steps into a motor coach, walk and/or climb over uneven ground for extended distances, get on and off Zodiacs on both wet and dry landings
Will Celebrity Flora have wi-fi onboard?
Yes, unlimited Wi-Fi access will be included for all suites
What will happen to Celebrity Xpedition?
What will happen to Celebrity Xperience and Celebrity Xploration?
They will no longer be part of the Galapagos offering as of June 1, 2019
- Celebrity Announce new Galapagos Ship – Celebrity Flora
- Celebrity Flora ship profile
- Celebrity Flora itineraries