Celebrity Edge – coming soon!
In December 2014, Celebrity Cruises announced they are building a new class of luxury cruise ship called “Edge Class”; however they have been very secretive about the design and facilities on board since that first announcement.
So what do we know so far about Celebrity Edge? Ive done extensive research to see if what I can find:-
- Edge-class will be a new generation of high style and design
- The ship will bring Celebrity Cruises guests closer to the destination than ever before
- Project EDGE will deliver small-ship itineraries with large-ship amenities
- Celebrity Edge will be 984 feet long, 123 feet wide and 190 feet high
- She will carry 2,900 guests
- She will be 117,000 GRT
- She will have a space ratio of 40
- Celebrity Edge will be larger than Millennium Class and slightly smaller than Solstice Class
- Edge-class will set a new standard for modern iconic architecture
- The new class of ship will be dramatic and special, and will be a remarkable step forward in ship design
- Celebrity Edge will have the most luxurious accommodation, the finest culinary experiences, and the best hospitality
- The Edge class ships represent a significant leap forward in environmentally-friendly ship design
- Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Beyond will benefit from new technologies to drive significant fuel efficiency
Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo (second right) holds a cutout of Celebrity Edge, the line’s first Edge-class ship now under construction at STX France shipyard. She is joined by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd Chairman and CEO Richard Fain (center) and STX France General Manager Laurent Castaing (right) and other officials. (PRNewsFoto/Celebrity Cruises)
At the recent steel cutting the Celebrity Cruises and ship yard executives held an outline of the ship – but is this the true silhouette of the Celebrity Edge? Does the ship have a straight bow? What is that square shape mid ship? Bar? Restaurant? Performance space? One thing we can be sure of the ship will have multiple dining venues and bars - but what else do you think will be onboard? Leave your thoughts below.
More details will be revealed on 13 March 2017 when the ship goes on sale to the public for the first time – bookmark this page and ensure you follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as we have been invited to the exclusive 3D reveal event!
Celebrity Edge Poster?
We were sent this image for an invite to the reveal - what do you make of it? Will there be star-gazing on board? A Planetarium? Is it a tease or just a nice image?