Celebrity Cruises spend $500 million on THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION
Celebrity Cruises is set to transform the industry with the unveiling of THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION, a more than $500-million re-imagining of the fleet in partnership with more than 500 leading architects, designers, and engineers designed to bring the rest of the brand’s award-winning fleet to the Edge.
Celebrity Cruises - The Celebrity Revolution
“We launched THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION to do one thing – transform the way our guests experience the world. It began with the introduction of the industry-changing Celebrity Edge, and continued with the stunning Celebrity Flora,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “Our dedication to improving the way guests experience the world knows no bounds. We are taking our entire award-winning fleet to the edge and giving people the vacation they truly deserve.”
THE SUITE LIFE JUST GOT SWEETER
Transforming the brand’s award-winning ships gave Celebrity the opportunity to bring its already worldclass suite experience on board Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Infinity, and Celebrity Summit to lavish new heights with the help of visionary designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE. She will also infuse the newly added Reflection Suite and Signature Suites (found today on Celebrity Reflection) to Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Equinox, and Celebrity Silhouette, with her signature style – a subtle, coordinated fusion of East meets West, with clean lines, neutral tones, and a warm, inviting opulence.
The Retreat Sundeck, designed by Kelly Hoppen, MBE
Every ship will offer The Retreat Sundeck and The Retreat Lounge, both strikingly designed by Hoppen. In imagining The Retreat Sundeck, she has created a chic, open-air hideaway with the feel of a high-end resort, where guests can unwind on plush loungers, sip tantalizing cocktails, and savor refreshing treats. At The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), Hoppen has designed a warm and sophisticated atmosphere featuring concierge service for any arrangements guests need—on board or off.
THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION Timetable
- Celebrity Millennium - Revolution completed 9 February 2019
- Celebrity Summit - Revolution completed 23 March 2019
- Celebrity Equinox - Revolution completed 25 May 2019
- Celebrity Silhouette - Revolution completed 24 January 2020
- Celebrity Eclipse - Revolution completed 1 April 2020
- Celebrity Constellation - Revolution completed 1 May 2020
- Celebrity Infinity Revolution completed TBD 2021
- Celebrity Solstice - Revolution completed 1 October 2021
- Celebrity Reflection - Revolution completed 1 January 2023
When redesigning the accommodations, every detail was carefully thought through with guest comfort at the front of mind. Celebrity collaborated with renowned international hospitality design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) to transform the staterooms on board Celebrity Millennium, Celebrity Constellation, Celebrity Infinity, and Celebrity Summit, plus the staterooms and many of the suites on board Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection into a statement about modern luxury.
“Every detail of our staterooms has been elevated, every comfort refined,” said Brian Abel, Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations, Celebrity Cruises. “By the end of THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION the entire fleet will have the same quality, design essence, and consistency of modern luxury, bringing our fleet to the edge.”
All staterooms will feature a fresh, chic design, rivaling the world’s best boutique hotels. They will also be fitted with Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring exclusive luxurious cashmere mattresses, RFID locks, pervasive Xcelerate and Bluetooth capabilities.
THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION Main Restaurants design
Celebrity is always looking for new ways to open the world, not only through the places the brand visits, but through globally inspired culinary experience, as well.
Guest-favourite restaurant Qsine will be added across the fleet and completely renovated, now offering the brand’s virtual Le Petit Chef experience, created by the world-famous artists of Skullmapping and presented by TableMation exclusively for Celebrity. Oceanview Café will be redesigned with an open, airy, marketplace-inspired design offering guests island after island of international delicacies, while the already-stunning Main Restaurants will undergo a beautiful redesign, with new textures and new finishes added throughout.
EVERY DETAIL IS BEING TAKEN TO THE EDGE
Even more groundbreaking innovations are on the horizon with THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION, including:
- Expansion of the new SEA Thermal Suite – first introduced on Celebrity Edge – to offer an ahhinspiring array of therapeutic spa experiences at sea
- Exclusive new shopping experiences featuring sought-after brands and designers, such as Shinola, John Hardy, and Hublot, plus state-of-the-art digital photo galleries that make browsing vacation memories a snap
- Elevated bars and lounges, including the newly reimagined Passport Bar and an expansion of Celebrity’s popular Gastrobar concept, serving more than 40 craft beers, creative cocktails, and gourmet comfort food
- More exciting upgrades to public venues all throughout each ship, including The Hideaway, Team Earth, The Library, and more
The first “revolutionary” revitalization will take place in 2019, beginning with the iconic Celebrity Millennium, and will continue across the fleet through 2023.
- Celebrity Cruises unveils new terminal for Celebrity Edge
- Celebrity Edge Spa revealed
- Celebrity Edge Dining Announced
Unveiling The Celebrity Revolution