Celebrity Cruises names new ship
Celebrity Cruises' stylish Solstice Class ships have been named after images of sun and shadow, with ship names such as Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Eclipse and Celebrity Silhouett. Announced today, Celebrity Cruises will be naming their next sister-ship Celebrity Reflection.
Celebrity's President and CEO Dan Hanrahan said "Selecting the name of the fifth ship in the class led us to reflect back on the significant impact the Solstice Class has had on the cruise industry," said. "Our Solstice Class ships offer the finest in premium cruising, with service provided by the best men and women in the hospitality business, as evidenced by the tremendous response from our guests, travel partners and the press"
Celebrity Cruises has invested $3.7-billion in this new Solstice class of ship.
Unique facilities onboard include:-
- The hip "Celebrity iLounge" that made Celebrity Cruises the industry's first Authorized Apple Reseller
- Uniquely unordinary "Qsine," the first seagoing restaurant to feature a menu and wine list on an iPad®, and an engaging food-as-theater dining experience
- Celebrity's iconic half-acre Lawn Club, with real, growing grass
- Ten unrivalled dining venues, including Qsine
- Modern, stylish interiors designed by some of the world's best architects and designers
- Hip, cool nightclubs and lounges, including CellarMasters, complete with the industry's first installation of the innovative Enomatic by-the-glass wine serving system
- One of the broadest and best wine offerings in the industry, served by one of the world's largest staffs of certified sommeliers
- One of the world's largest permanent collections of original contemporary art, and the industry's first self-guided art tours to be presented on an iPad®
- Widely varied entertainment, including breathtaking aerial acts
- The extensive array of entertaining and enriching onboard programming offered through "Celebrity Life,"
Celebrity Cruises is designed for discerning cruisers, with modern, sophisticated environments, impeccable service, enriching and inspiring onboard programs, and award-winning cuisine. The ultimate in premium cruising, Celebrity sails to Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, California, Canada/New England, Europe, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, and year-round in the Caribbean and the Galápagos Islands