Celebrity Chefs announced for Crystal Cruises Wine and Food Series
Crystal Cruises has announced the participants and award-winning chef line-up for its 15th Annual Wine and Food series of cruises, including Michelin Star chefs and an Italian wine heiress.
Six ultra-luxury cruises on Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity are included in the cruise lines Experiences of Discovery series in 2011, and will highlight the artistry, craftsmanship and palettes of wine experts, celebrated chefs, and cocktail mixologists that reflects each itinerary's geographical region.
In addition to hands-on instruction, each Wine and Food cruise will feature chefs' demonstrations, wine tastings, pairing sessions, cocktail-making classes, and/or sushi-making classes by Nobu-trained chefs from Crystal's onboard Nobu Matsuhisa restaurants .
Guest chefs will also create an indulgent $1,000 per person seven-course "Ultimate Vintage Room Experience."
The cruises also extend the food and wine theme by offering epicurean shore excursions featuring private wine tastings, cooking lessons and local food sampling.
Scheduled so far are:
- Danish chef, restaurateur and 2011 Bocuse d'Or winner, Rasmus Kofoed,
- Norwegian chef and 2003 Bocuse d'Or winner, Charles Tjessem
- Master of Wine Philip Goodband
- US Bartenders Guild President Dave Nepove
- Michelin Star celebrity chef Alessandro Stratta
- Gaia Gaja of the Gaja Italian wine estate
- British-born TV chef Jon Ashton
- Raphael Lunetta of JiRaffe's Chef, one of the most popular restaurants in Santa Monica
- H. Joseph Ehrmann, Green Mixologist/2010 Bartender of the Year
- American food journalist and best-selling author of How to Cook Everything, Mark Bittman,
- Internationally-recognised French Master Chef André Soltner
- Alexis Kahn, L'Ecôle French Culinary Institute wine director
- Persian chef Azmin Ghahreman
- Rajat Parr, wine director, all Michael Mina restaurants
- Mezcal expert/mixologist Steve Olson
Prices for the Wine & Food Experiences of Discovery series voyages start from £2,849 per person (based on the 11th December departure) including free return economy class flights, 10 nights in a deluxe stateroom with picture window with all meals and soft drinks and port taxes. In addition, as part of Crystal Cruises' "All Inclusive - As You Wish" promotion, guests on this voyage will also receive onboard spending money of $500 per person which can be spent on shore excursions, spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, purchases in the onboard boutiques, gratuities or Vintage Room experiences.