Azamara Club Cruises Unveils 2020 Itineraries
Azamara Club Cruises have announce their extensive 2020 itineraries, which highlights their commitment to creating immersive experiences for travellers to connect with local cultures.
Azamara Club Cruises 2020
- 92 individual cruises
- 41 maiden ports of call
- 303 late night stays
- 170 overnight stays
- 40 country-intensive voyages
On country-intensive voyages guests can explore numerous ports within one country and stay late or overnight in most cities.
Azamara’s carefully crafted 2020 itineraries emphasize spending more time in port, enabling travellers to fully immerse themselves in the destination. In addition, Azamara Club Cruises will also unveil new Land and Sea packages hosted by Micato Safaris, a luxury safari outfitter that will further enhance the brand’s immersive land products.
“Our guests spoke and we listened; the addition of our third ship, the Azamara Pursuit, has allowed us to expand our footprint across all seven continents, bringing guests to new destinations, new experiences, and new opportunities,” said Larry Pimentel, President and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. “In 2020, Azamara will offer a total of 473 late night and overnight stays, a 12% percent increase from 2019, which will allow us to provide our guests with the opportunity to experience night touring at some of the most compelling destinations.”
Cape Town, South Africa
Azamara 2020 Cruise Highlights
South Africa/African Continent and South Pacific Itineraries
Azamara will be calling in to South Africa and the African Continent for the first time. Each voyage will offer a variety of immersive land programs that take travellers to the heart of Zulu culture, South Africa’s most famous wine region, and beyond.
The new South Africa itineraries can be combined with new pre-and post-cruise extensions from Micato Safaris. Highlights include 30 departures of the two following tours:
Five-Night Kruger to Cape: A Wildlife & Culinary Safari
Before embarking on a voyage with Azamara, meet the Micato team in Johannesburg for an exploration from Kruger to Cape Town with stops along the way at a notable game reserve and a visit to the Western Cape, known for its world class wines and top-quality restaurants; an experience that will delight the senses.
Five-Night Wild Wonders of the World - Victoria Falls & Botswana Safari
Travel through Zimbabwe to Botswana to experience one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Victoria Falls. This expedition also includes a dawn game drive through Botswana’s Chobe Game Reserve and an optional helicopter tour of the falls.
French Polynesia, new for 2020
French Polynesia and Hawaii The 2020 Azamara Club Cruises itineraries will also feature an 18-night maiden voyage to French Polynesia and Hawaii, visiting some of the most unique Hawaiian Islands such as Maui, Oahu and Hilo.
Some of the land experiences guests can participate in include:
Cruise Global, Eco Local – French Polynesia
Join a marine biologist in this ecotourism and research project on wild, free-ranging dolphins. Learn about the geology of French Polynesia while viewing the dramatic beauty of Moorea from the water. Spinner dolphins, rough-tooth dolphins and pilot whales are seen around Moorea, while an excellent commentary provides details on the remarkable life and society of these wonderful mammals.
Cruise Global, Adventure Local - Hawaii
Embark on an underwater exploration of Maui onboard a high-tech passenger submarine. The expedition will pass the “Brig Carthaginian,” a sunken ship built in the 1920s that now acts as an artificial reef off of the coast of Maui’s Puamana Beach Park.
Koper, Slovena, where the three Azamara ships will meet
Azamara speciality voyages
Azamara’s 2020 itineraries will feature an assortment of specialty voyages including:
- Nearly half of Azamara’s 2020 itineraries will include country-intensive voyages, giving travellers the opportunity to connect to the authentic heart of local life and culture. The new country intensive sailings include Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, and South Africa.
- For the first time, Azamara’s three sister ships will meet on October 8, 2020 in Koper, Slovenia, where the cruise line will host a grand AzAmazing Evening in port for all guests on all three ships, and then sail together to Venice.
- Azamara’s holiday and Christmas sailings provide the opportunity to take part in celebrations around the world including ringing in the New Year in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Cape Town, South Africa.
- On February 20, 2020, the Azamara Quest will be embarking on the brand’s second World Journey from Cape Town to Southampton
- Azamara Quest Sea Break Cruise Review
- Azamara Pursuit UK refit and Maiden Voyage
- Azamara Pursuit to be christened in Southampton