Azamara Club Cruises announce major redesign of Quest and Journey
Azamara Club Cruises have announced that its two ships – Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest – will undergo “major upgrades” while in dry dock early 2016.
The two ships will be outfitted with new venues, public spaces and technologies to bring fresh services and amenities to guests. From bow to stern, there is no area on the line’s ships that will be untouched. The upgrades include all staterooms and suites, dining, spa and entertainment.
“As we continue to evolve our destination immersive offerings, we also want to ensure our onboard experience is modernized to meet guests’ every need,” says Larry Pimentel, President and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. “We can’t wait for our ships to come out of dry dock as these major upgrades are going to have an instant impact on our guests’ experience. Each corner of the ships will have a new look and feel, setting a brighter, more contemporary ambiance, while the new venues will bring guests fresh experiences. We’re also investing in new onboard innovations and have paid close attention to the smallest of details. We really are redefining our onboard experience in every way.”
Evocative of the lands, rivers, and beaches of the places Azamara Club Cruises visit, these extensive upgrades draw their inspiration from the four elements of nature:
- Earth – A muted colour palette of earth tones is being incorporated throughout the ships to evoke a serene, elegant, and warm sense of home.
- Water – Azamara’s new spa suites will feature rain showers with ocean views, double vanities, and outdoor Jacuzzi tubs overlooking the sea.
- Air – To freshly entice the senses, Azamara are introducing new open-air venues and experiences, including an Asian al fresco restaurant.
- Fire – Sunrises and sunsets will be relished at the new outdoor Pool Grill & Bar, followed by dazzling nights in completely revitalised entertainment areas.
The Azamara Journey will enter drydock in January 2016 in the Bahamas, and the Azamara Quest in April 2016 in Singapore.
- Suites & Staterooms – Details to be announced in July
- Dining, Entertainment & Pool Area – Details to be announced in August
- The Sanctum Spa – Details to be announced in September
- Technology & the “Inspiration” Travel Area – Details to be announced in October