APT Travelmarvel reveals new ships named after the stars
APT have revealed the names of their three new Travelmarvel Contemporary River Ships. Congratulations to Amanda Poeppmann from Queensland, Australia for her winning entries of Travelmarvel Polaris, Travelmarvel Vega and Travelmarvel Capella.
The first of the newly-built, state-of-the-art vessels, Travelmarvel Polaris will set sail on her maiden voyage in April 2020, followed by her two sister ships Travelmarvel Vega and Travelmarvel Capella in April 2021.
Travelmarvel Polaris, Travelmarvel Vega and Travelmarvel Capella
The team were thrilled by the sheer number and creativity of the entries. Managing Director APT UK & Europe, Paul Melinis said “Thank you to everyone who took the time to enter the competition. This is the first time we’ve run a competition of this nature globally and we were inundated with entries, giving us a plethora of names to choose from. The chosen names really capture the spirit of APT Travelmarvel, taking after three of the brightest stars in the night sky, a true reflection of the delight our brands leave behind.”
Ms Poeppmann has won a cabin for two on the 2020 departure date of her choice, sailing aboard the Travelmarvel Polaris between Budapest and Amsterdam on the 15 Day European Gems Essential River Cruise.
- Three dining spaces: ‘Pub-style’ casual dining at McGeary’s Bar, light healthier meals at the Vista Lounge or a 4-course formal fine dining restaurant
- Wellness features include: Whirlpool, Gym & Walking track
- Areas to unwind: Vista Lounge with Verandah, Sundeck or the Garden Terrace
- Staterooms: The Main & Upper deck rooms turn into French balconies at the touch of button. Plus all rooms include superior queen or twin bedding with plush linen, a flat-screen TV with complimentary movies, personal climate control, a safe, mini-fridge, ensuite bathroom, hairdryer, ample cupboard space, and bottled water
- Insider Experiences – all the APT Essential itineraries include a range of authentic, local experiences that will immerse guests in the heart and soul of a destination at no extra cost